NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Home from hospital (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/5452-home-hospital.html)

Cherie 11-03-2006 05:56 PM

Home from hospital

I've been in the hospital for the past week with a fever (3 weeks now) of unknown origin, shingles, diverticulitis and generalized internal inflammation. After a week on two IV antibiotics, I switched to oral yesterday and went from IV narcotic pain med to oral. Very weak and in a lot of pain but temp has been down for nearly 48 hours.

Chris 11-03-2006 06:47 PM

Oh dear Cherie,
I hate to hear about this. How are you faring now? I've heard shingles are maddly painful, especially in those of us with MS. Were you on anything like "VALTREX" for them? I'm sorry to hear of your woes, and hope you are on the mend soon.

How bloody awful. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you. Rest up now, and don't try and do too much.

My best wishes to you,

Chris

Cherie 11-03-2006 07:02 PM

Finished valtrex yesterday. Rash is clearing but nerve pain persists.

ewizabeth 11-03-2006 07:40 PM

I hope you feel better soon Cherie! That sounds awful!

SallyC 11-03-2006 10:21 PM

So Glad you are home, Cher..:)

Now rest rest rest and heal.

0357 11-03-2006 11:11 PM

Cherie,

So glad your home but sorry to hear the pain still persists.

Take care, 0357

Nancy T 11-03-2006 11:29 PM

Whoa, Cherie... sorry to hear this. I hope you feel better soon. How scary to have a fever that they don't know the cause of.

Rest up and get well soon!!

Nancy T.

lady_express_44 11-04-2006 12:03 PM

Wow, Cherie . . . so sorry to hear of what you've been going through. :(

Shingles are very painful from what I've heard. Feeling rough from that, combined with a fever, etc, must have been left you feeling just awful!

Rest, relax, and get better soon!

Cherie

VIRGINIA 11-04-2006 12:59 PM

Cherie, Sorry to hear this. That is a long time to be in the hospital, since they generally do not keep anyone long now. My deceased husband had singles and it was just very painful.

Do antibiotics cause a problem with your MS? I have to take them occassionaly and they seem to send all my symptoms into orbit. I am always afraid I am in an exacerbation. I am always wondering if this is a real exacerbation or just a temporary increase in symptoms.

I hope you feel better soon. I remember it taking him a long time to get over them. This was many years ago and I do not remember what medications they had at that time, but I doubt it was Valtrex.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Virginia

BBS1951 11-04-2006 01:13 PM

I hope you feel better soon Cherie. I posted at PT that you were ill, in case some of your friends there had not heard. I hope that was okay to do.

Its curious that your grandson has chicken pox. I'm wondering if it triggered your shingles? Or just coincidence?

What is the breathing problem from? Is there fluid in your lungs? Don't lift a finger, just focus on resting.