NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Help! What Happened? (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/38723-help-happened.html)

JOE1 02-10-2008 06:17 PM

Help! What Happened?

Help! What Happened?
i had not been online for a while. now i log in at msworld and find a link to everyone here???????
what happened at that site??
I have alot of trouble with this site because i cannot read what I am tryping. teeny, teeny font that won't change.
help.
JOE1:confused:

braingonebad 02-10-2008 07:03 PM

What happened there? Mass anarchy.

:rolleyes:

I guess we weren't grown up enough to have pm's there. So we did what all grown ups do - threw a hissy fit, hid toads in the teacher's drawer, and left.

:D

I wonder if they took the pm's away because people were saying not-so-nice things about the admin staff and they were reading them, but not able to admit they were reading them and confront the people who were saying them? Bet that twisted some knockers.

Say what? You didn't know the mods were reading your pms? Oh heck yes.

:eek:

Nice, huh?

Which is why I didn't want to send anyone my addy, real or email, at that site. Who needs the whole mod team knowing where ya live when some of em have a grudge against you?

tovaxin_lab_rat 02-10-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOE1 (Post 212475)
Help! What Happened?
i had not been online for a while. now i log in at msworld and find a link to everyone here???????
what happened at that site??
I have alot of trouble with this site because i cannot read what I am tryping. teeny, teeny font that won't change.
help.
JOE1:confused:

Hi Joe

What browser are you using? You should be able to change the font you are using at the top of the text box where it shows the font size in the little box with the number in it. Unless you are using the quick reply box at the bottom of the page.

Let us know if you are still having problems. There are several different styles that you can choose from for your "look" by selecting your choice in the drop down menu in the bottom left hand corner. The default may be what you are experiencing problems with. Try using Blue Default and see if this helps.

Experiment with the different choices of skins and see if you find one that suits your style. You have a total of 7 choices! Some like the default style, some like blue default, some like chestnut, etc.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact one of the moderators by clicking on our names at the bottom of the page!

Welcome to NT! ;)

Jules A 02-10-2008 07:28 PM

Hi,
Glad you found us!

JOE1 02-10-2008 07:46 PM

OK, I WILL KEEP TRYING HERE.
INOTICED AT MSWORLD, ONE OF MY POSTS ON A THREAD ABOUT UNIVERSAL CARE WAS FOLLOWED BY A MODERATOR'S WARNING!!??
BASICALLY, PLAY NICE AND DON'T ARGUE.
IS THAT WHAT PROMPTED THIS? WHEN DID THE RULES CHANGE?
NEW FUNDING FROM A SPONSOR WITH WEIGHT PULLING THE STRINGS?
IT HAS BECOME QUITE COMMERCIAL OVER 8 YEARS I HAVE BEEN THERE.
aN ADVERTISEMENT WEBSITE BUT I UNDERSTAND THE NEED FOR FUNDING.
THANKS FOR THE INFO.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A ;SKIN' IS, SO I MAY NOT BE BACK HERE FOR A WHILE.
JUSTCAN'T SEE THIS TYPE.
I USE MSN.COM BROWSER. I THINK.
JOE1

tovaxin_lab_rat 02-10-2008 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOE1 (Post 212538)
THANKS FOR THE INFO.
I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A ;SKIN' IS, SO I MAY NOT BE BACK HERE FOR A WHILE.
JUSTCAN'T SEE THIS TYPE.
I USE MSN.COM BROWSER. I THINK.
JOE1

Try going into your "User CP" (User control panel) and choose "Edit Options." At the very bottom of that screen it allows you to select different styles, choose the one you want and click save. If you already tried that, try selecting the style according to the instructions in the Announcement (at the top of every forum).

I hope this helps you Joe. "Skins" are the different backgrounds you type on for the text box look.

sassy 02-10-2008 08:41 PM

Brain, as a former mod at MSWorld I feel I need to defend myself and others there. I probably should just ignore this but just can't and if anyone feels I don't belong here let me know.

I was going to do it in a PM here but didn't want to be accused of harassment via PM so here I am out in the open.

I never read anyone's PMs over there, some of us did not have the access to do that and still don't. I would have never read them even if I could have unless there had been a complaint.

I honestly feel that PMs were not taken away because of any bad things that were said about volunteer staff, I think Kat (MSWorld president) didn't want to expose members to any solicitation or harassment. Part of this decision might have come because of the sponsors and affiliation with NMSS. There were members and staff that disagreed with her decision but I don't think she plans on keeping the PM option open too much longer.

I hope to stay away from this subject in the future but I do take exception when someone lumps all "mods" together and I guess I don't know of any of the mods that read PMs just to read them. If you have proof please PM me and let me know the proof. Otherwise I stand beside each and every "mod" that volunteered while I was a volunteer. We are human, we made mistakes but we are not the fiends you seem to want to make us out to be.

Sorry, NT, didn't mean to air dirty laundry but I wish NT members could leave MSW behind and just enjoy your friends and freedom here w/o bad mouthing others.

Thanks and I apologize if I stepped on toes and I understand if this post has to be removed.

Kristi 02-10-2008 09:00 PM

:I-Agree: Well said Sassy.

Jan4you 02-10-2008 09:33 PM

I have no problem with anyone in either forum. BUt I do miss the PM's.
Also thought CAFE or "checking in kinds of posts" were helpful as well as getting responses in a timely manner, within a few minutes was critical at time you are stressed and NEED the immediate response time.

Honestly, I thought it was a computer programming problem that so many posts were blocking the needed space or something like that. What do I know.

I do think we need a place to sort this out. Its HEALTHY to vent, then to move on is even healthier. Sometimes things get "touchy" but we're grown. Hopefully we cont to remember that this is a SUPPORT GROUP forum.

So SASSY glad you made this known to us, tho I never personally worried about mods reading any PM's.

Others may have their unresolved issues. I say bring it on or PM if its safer to you. Maybe we still need to clear up the deck and then lets move on ok?

Warmly Jan

the Bird 02-10-2008 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Av8rgirl (Post 212570)
Try going into your "User CP" (User control panel) and choose "Edit Options." At the very bottom of that screen it allows you to select different styles, choose the one you want and click save. If you already tried that, try selecting the style according to the instructions in the Announcement (at the top of every forum).

I hope this helps you Joe. "Skins" are the different backgrounds you type on for the text box look

hey Joe, I enlarged this for you so that might help....I am using a brown skin that is much easier on my eyes.... the tech people here can walk you through it too...in fact I'll go look there may be a thread for that!