NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Copaxone question (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/18771-copaxone-question.html)

greenapple 05-02-2007 04:06 PM

Copaxone question

Is anyone taking Copaxone every other day?
If so do you think it has benefited you?
I really need some input here

Snoopy 05-02-2007 04:15 PM

Greenapple,

I don't have an answer for you but I did want to say......

:welcome_sign: To NeuroTalk

greenapple 05-02-2007 04:30 PM

Thank you! Hello to you too.
I am sorry to jump in with a question like that. My insurance is not going to cover all of it. I have to make come up with a plan soon.
No way can I do the co pay and I have searched out all the options.
I know I used to see some who took it every other day, but that was so many yrs ago and I don't know where

AfterMyNap 05-02-2007 10:19 PM

Interesting, I've never heard of that idea. What does your neuro say about it? I'm very curious! Shared Solutions was no help at all?

greenapple 05-03-2007 08:57 AM

Shared solutions does not provide assistance. Copaxone uses Nord, we don't qualify for their help.
Thanks for the suggestion. Had a quick conversation with my neurologist.
He says there is evidence that a lower dose of Copaxone would be effective and better than none.
Then there are the other options, TY and IVIG, which insurance will cover.
We are going to head off, take a vacation. I have an appointment for when we get back. For now it's going to the mountains. I will need to decide something after that.
It is very sad with only the ABCR and now T really out there.
Many have had some side effects that rule our one or the other.
Thank you all for your welcome and help.
I am going to go have some fun and then decide.

MSacorn 05-04-2007 12:23 AM

Psi

GreenApple
Have you tried getting assistance from PSI. When I was on Copaxone a few years back they paid for it. It is a lengthly application if I recall, but worth it in my case. This is the info I have on them.
PSI Patient Services Inc
800-366-7741

Good Luck
Beth

ZiaSolis 05-06-2007 10:31 PM

greenapple, i was on c for about three years when i started using ldn, too. at that time, i started using c every other day. i did this because i knew of other people on ldn and c who did c every other day. whether they had problems, i do not know. i could find out for you if you'd like. i, myself, have had no problems and my lesions are continuing to "shrink".

zia

greenapple 05-07-2007 03:24 PM

Hi everybody

Well, a couple of days vacation did me good. I am tired as I can be though.
I did call the number and they said they did not cover Multiple Sclerosis???
Anyway, there are some studies that do show every other day Copaxone is effective, however not as effective as the full dose.
Anyone have an extra 5000.00 a yr to spare? :(
Would love to hear your experience on LDN. I have read some on it.

ZiaSolis 05-07-2007 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greenapple (Post 96176)
Would love to hear your experience on LDN. I have read some on it.

Within two weeks after starting LDN, before I even was "allowed" to use the full dosage recommended for PwMS - (4.5mg per day of Naltrexone is the optimum dosage usually prescribed for MS. People with Crohn's and with HIV take about 50mg daily.) - within two weeks, the 24/7 dizziness I had been experiencing for three full years disappeared completely. Next to go was fatigue. I also have not had a single bout of vertigo since supplementing C with LDN.

LDN doesn't work for everyone. But, neither does it do any harm. So, I figured, why not give it a try? I know a lot of PwMS who have good luck with it. LDN cannot be used along with the interferons. Some take it along with C, some take it alone.

My insurance doesn't cover it, however, I do have an RX from a neuro for it. I purchase it from Skip's Pharmacy for about $21/month.

Zia