NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Unusually interesting article on neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/211348-unusually-article-neuropathy.html)

Aussie99 10-24-2014 11:53 PM

Unusually interesting article on neuropathy

I can't post it because I am on an IPad. I stumbled across JackRuse.com and I read his explanation on neuropathies mostly labeled idiopathic and why and how they spread. He explains the iodine and low vitamin D connections. He advocates a low carb ketogenic diet (Paleo) and warns all Pners to stay way from all sugar alcohols. He discusses the most important supplements to take such as Revesterol.

I have to read the article possibly 2 more times to understand the medical information, but it sounds as if he really knows his stuff. It's been a long time since I read anything so detailed.

Anyhow I am interested in others opinions on this article.

Aussie:)

Marlene 10-25-2014 09:06 AM

Is this the article?

I believe this is it. He's states it takes 18 -36 months to heal. You really have to be patient and not give up if you don't see results in a month.

http://jackkruse.com/what-is-peripheral-neuropathy/

madisongrrl 10-25-2014 12:20 PM

Jack Kruse is a neurosurgeon and pretty smart guy (and a wee bit intense too). He has been on a number of Podcasts - especially Ben Greenfield's fitness podcast. I recently downloaded his book to my Kindle, but I have yet to read it.

Terry Wahls is another person who advocates for a Ketogenic diet for neurological conditions and has an excellent book as well. She has been interviewed on several podcasts in the Paleo and fitness communities.

Marlene 10-25-2014 12:41 PM

I've not heard of him till now. I found that we have done quite of few of the things he mentions in the article over the years. I'll need to look into the higher doses of resveratrol now.

IllPn 10-25-2014 02:22 PM

article

Thanks for posting I enjoy reading articles on the subject I am going to go read it now I do still eat sugar but going to try and cut back I know it is in a lot of foods too but have not eliminated any of that yet

januarybabe 10-25-2014 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IllPn (Post 1105007)
Thanks for posting I enjoy reading articles on the subject I am going to go read it now I do still eat sugar but going to try and cut back I know it is in a lot of foods too but have not eliminated any of that yet

I have apple pie in oven right now. Is this allowed? LOL

Aussie99 10-26-2014 12:35 AM

Massive amounts of information

I could spend a month reading all his theories data and so forth. I find his information on neuropathy & iodine very interesting. I was hypo for years and I was told I was normal. It's only when I went hyper and shed 10 kilos and started foaming at the mouth from my metabolism being too high that I was sent to an endo who diagnosed me with Graves. I am in remission now but I wonder to what extent my thyroid was involved with my PN.

Anyhow he has a lot of good information on EMF's and I never even stopped to think about the cellular damage they cause but this makes for some very good reading.

Aussie:)

hopeful 10-26-2014 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by januarybabe (Post 1105039)

Start after that pie is gone!:)

AussieDebbie 10-27-2014 09:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by januarybabe (Post 1105039)

Only if you share it around us. :p

caroline2 12-08-2015 02:55 PM

I found the iodine connection interesting too and I just did post on this doctor's info.