NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   Seeing doc today about MRI results- scared (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/185422-seeing-doc-mri-results-scared.html)

Brain patch 03-14-2013 10:29 AM

Seeing doc today about MRI results- scared

Hi Guys,
I am seeing my doctor at 3:00 today. Will be finding out what MRI report means. Shows a 3mm part of my brain that is receiving no signals. This does not sound good. I am scared. Keep me in your prayers please. I will let you know how it goes ASAP.
Brain

cyclecrash 03-14-2013 10:38 AM

Good luck Brain!

MsRriO 03-14-2013 02:34 PM

Thinking of you.

MiaVita2012 03-14-2013 02:35 PM

You are a fighter!

I hope you get some answers or a answer to the seizures to start(baby steps).You are a strong fighter and you will keep fighting for answers:wink:
Yes I agree you do need to see some MDs in the Neuro speciality most def!If you don't mind me asking have you not because of insurance?Let us know how your day goes....keep your head up:hug:

Brain patch 03-14-2013 06:34 PM

Hi Everybody,
I went to my pain doctor today and he just said that the MRI is conducive to people who have migraine headaches. He is not real educated about brain injuries. He has always just treated me for chronic pain. I have just stuck with him because he is always positive and just encourages me to fight my way through the pain and other symptoms. I like him for that reason. But I realized I needed to see a neurologist when I started having seizures. As well as I was denied disability because I need to give them evidence of my impairments. So after the neurologist diagnosis which totally made me understand what was going on with me I have been going for neuropsychological testing. So I can provide evidence of my impairments. I think I will get a lot more answers from the neuropsychologist when she is done evaluating me. She seemed to think the MRI had more significance than what my doctor today said. To answer your question Mia, I have just been too damaged to figure out what kind of doctor I needed to go too. I just thought all these other symptoms were from having such severe chronic pain. I did get my doctor today to fill out an impairment rating for me for disability. I will turn that in with the neuropsychologist report and I have already turned in my MRI , letter from neurologist and some random notes from me and from people who have been with me when I have sustained concussions from passing out. I hope this is going to be enough evidence to get me on disability. I don't know what else I can give them. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them. I really can't work or I would be. I hate being without money. But what kind of job can you do if you can only leave your house for a few hours on good days and have a hard time even getting yourself dressed?
Hope you are all having a good day. Spring is here!
Much love to you all,
Brain