NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Women's Health (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/)
-   -   You Don't Have To Live With Excessive Mentrual Bleeding (https://www.neurotalk.org/women-s-health/9970-dont-live-excessive-mentrual-bleeding.html)

Curious 12-30-2006 12:41 AM

You Don't Have To Live With Excessive Mentrual Bleeding

good article. i copied it from docjohn's headline news

(Topix) About 10 million American women struggle each year with a debilitating but little discussed health condition -- menorrhagia.Comment

Read the full article...

Ellie 01-04-2007 01:18 PM

They should change that to most women to discuss it and get blown off. :D Most GYN's will have paperwork or even ask if you have abnormally 'heavy' cycles and when you say yes, they mostly tend to say, "OK". Hehe.

I think we don't discuss it because it's a broken record type of thing. Plus, I'm personally used to assuming the fetal position with a heating pack on my back and stomach and whining into the corner of my couch for 7-10 days.

I can't find a GYN here, I found one who actually backed out on me due to my other medical complications. I should mail them books on seizures and whatnot so they don't automatically assume I will randomly seize out on their table and die.

I just wanted my yearly pap, lol.

There's not a day that hasn't passed where I wanted to kick my own ***** for not going to med school.

Curious 01-04-2007 01:21 PM

2 of my sisters had hystorectomies pretty young. my mom was in her late 30's. my one sister...man i feel bad for her...but her gyn says she will stop eventually. :confused:

yep..like you ellie...long and painful.

(((ellie)))

DiMarie 01-06-2007 07:38 PM

I got mine in control

After years of severe problems, difficulty working a police shift when changing every 15 minutes sometimes when really heavy I finally was able to get it under contol.

I do ahve low thyroid function, when young most times I did not have any but once or twice a year. THen the whammy hit me after 30 yrs old. I suffered so bad.

In 2000 I was scheduled to have a hysterctomy, but my Dad was very ill, I had just been in the car accident so we tried depo provera. I have had no side effects, no periods, I do ahve my tubes tied and I am now 52, so hopefully this is the last of my concerns.

The only recent trouble I ahd and my daughter on Depo, the generics have breakthrough bleeding, if bleeding that means ovulating, so I don;t think there is coverage for birth control.

I tried getting the shot every two month instead of three months, but still have break through and it is annoying being unpredicable to when I will have break through.

Butm the provera is an ecellant option for me,
Dianne

erisha 07-06-2007 12:36 PM

I have been suffering with this problem for years. I finally found a gyno (a woman) who is willing to address it. I have adenomyosis and fibroids and have always been anemic to some degree due to heavy bleeding. She put me on Loestrin and we will see how that goes. I sure hope it works. She assured me that she would do everything in her power to help me.:) The last gyno (a man) made some comment about going into menopause in about 3 years so I only had to suffer a few more years. :mad: jerk!!!