NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Love the Roids - NOT! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/77428-love-roids.html)

yeahbut 02-11-2009 08:32 AM

Love the Roids - NOT!

I hate what they do to my stomach - here I am suppose to be getting ready to travel for the weekend and I can't poop! I need to fit into a black dress and not have my stomach poking out which it is - I have hard rock abs but it isn't muscle! :eek:

grrrrrr

legzzalot 02-11-2009 08:58 AM

they say misery loves company. So for the sake of friendship I think i will join you on the roids. LOL kidding, it's more for the waking up with a knife in my back and not being able to breathe combined with the ON that is getting worse bvy the day. Something tells me I will be back on the roid wagon before the week is out.

You can do it. kick that little black dress' butt! I have faith in you.

Kitty 02-11-2009 09:04 AM

:hug: Char :hug:

One word for you: SPANX

AfterMyNap 02-11-2009 09:09 AM

Oh, this sounds like a job for Cheerios and that nasty mall-style Chinese food. Honey, you need MSG. ;)

Sorry you're all jammed up, Lambchop, but I'm over here in the other camp loving the roids. I'll probably pay dearly all next week but after only day one, I feel like someone stuck a rocket in my pants. Hey! Maybe that's what you need! :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO: :ROTFLMAO:

yeahbut 02-11-2009 09:34 AM

I McD's yesterday - thinking I can never make it home before it hits - nope didn't work. I might have to have Chinese today! I ate a bowl of blueberries this morning - salad for dinner last night - lots of coffee!

I got the spanx packed already Kell! :eek:

hollym 02-11-2009 09:35 AM

Go to the drug store and buy magnesium citrate. My FIL said that stuff is liquid dynamite. It works really quickly - within an hour or so. There is also Miralax, but that can take 1 - 3 days.

DM 02-11-2009 09:40 AM

When all else fails, use a gycerin suppository. I had to do that after surgery once, since the hosp's Milk of Magnesia didn't work. They gave me one of those lil things and w/in 15 mins~ no problemo!!

Don't ya just love Spanx though???

I have a bad picture in my mind now of AMN w/a rocket in her pants and I feel tainted now. (shudder)

hollym 02-11-2009 09:48 AM

The glycerin suppository would probably be more gentle than the magnesium citrate. I would try that first, but I forgot about those things. Good suggestion DM.

lady_express_44 02-11-2009 12:02 PM

Benefibre works wonders for me, and it is the only treatment that has. I'd say it's not something you want to try during the festivities though. :eek: ;) (I use 1/2 the recommended dosage).

Cherie

SandyC 02-11-2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollym (Post 463963)
Go to the drug store and buy magnesium citrate.

Taste like crap but works like magic! May I suggest the cherry flavor? :D The lemon lime is ok if you hold your nose and drink it down. If you've ever had a 1 or 3 hour glucose tolerance test you know what it tastes like. Jim uses this and it works when needed within one day for sure. Walgreens carries it.