NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Anodyne therapy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/56931-anodyne-therapy.html)

JRC000 10-17-2008 01:00 PM

Anodyne therapy

I have the Anodyne Therapy home unit. I used it for about three months,
three times a week. It has been approved by the FDA. I finally stopped the
treatments, because I couldn't see much improvement. I guess I should
continue in the event it could keep the neurpothy from spreading to my legs.
As anyone used Anodyne Therapy and what were the results. Will appreciate
any input.

dlshaffer 10-17-2008 03:33 PM

Anodyne Therapy

I did physical therapy in November-December 2005 using the Anodyne system. This therapy did work for me. I ordered a home unit when I finished with PT on the recommendation of the therapist and with help from them, was approved by my insurance company. I received the unit the first week in January 2006 and used it faithfully every day for three months (according to directions received with unit). I then went to 2-3 times a week (which I still do).

The pain in my feet has greatly diminished and before I started using the system, my legs were weak and I could not stand for very long. My feet hurt to walk on them, limiting my ability to enjoy my life after retirement. Now, I can be on my feet for hours at a time and walk more than a mile at one time daily. :)

hoibie@comcast.net 10-17-2008 03:56 PM

Anodyne therapy seems to work best with those who have diabetic neuropathy.

JRC000 10-18-2008 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlshaffer (Post 390276)
I did physical therapy in November-December 2005 using the Anodyne system. This therapy did work for me. I ordered a home unit when I finished with PT on the recommendation of the therapist and with help from them, was approved by my insurance company. I received the unit the first week in January 2006 and used it faithfully every day for three months (according to directions received with unit). I then went to 2-3 times a week (which I still do).

The pain in my feet has greatly diminished and before I started using the system, my legs were weak and I could not stand for very long. My feet hurt to walk on them, limiting my ability to enjoy my life after retirement. Now, I can be on my feet for hours at a time and walk more than a mile at one time daily. :)

I cannot walk for any distance without my walker. I have taken four falls
so don't want any chances of breaking a hip. Did the Anodyne Therapy help
with the numbness and balance? That is my big problem. As for pain, I feel
the "pins and needles" but I am not in real pain. I feel like my toes are turning under when I walk. So with the "pins & needles and feeling like I am turning my feet like a claw, I think I will resume the Anodyne Therapy.

Many thanks for your replies!
Carolyn