NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Now I'm glad I'm seeing the NP... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/88236-im-glad-im-seeing-np.html)

FinLady 05-31-2009 11:59 AM

Now I'm glad I'm seeing the NP...

Been a fun week here. :rolleyes: Middle of the week, got up in middle of night to run to restroom. Leg gave out and I fell. Nice bruise on the arm too, but that's it (thankfully).

Called my neuros office, whose first reaction was steroids immediately. I said, maybe we should have someone look at me first before we jump to the meds. So have an appointment with the NP on thurs.

So on to the reason I'm now glad to have the appointment...my thumb froze up last night. :eek: It only lasted a few minutes but never had that happen before. Also made me appreciate just how much we use that particular part of the hand. I couldn't get it to bend or move at all. (On the plus side, it was the left hand. I'm a righty :) )

So added it onto my list for the appointment. fun, fun, fun.

Twinkletoes 06-01-2009 01:24 PM

Oweee! Sorry about your fall. :(

Let us know what the doc says, K? :hug:

SandyC 06-01-2009 02:01 PM

I think you did the right thing. It seems to me doctors are so quick to give steroids these days. :hug: Hope your feeling better.

barb02 06-01-2009 02:15 PM

Hope the appointment goes well. I have been losing all feeling in three fingers of my right hand at times while sleeping. I just assume it has something to do with the way I am sleeping, but I jsut started having this problem a few months ago.

ali12 06-01-2009 02:33 PM

Sorry to hear about the fall and of your thumb freezing up, Fin!:hug: Please take it easy and don't overdo it too much even though it's hard at times!!!

I understand the thumb freezing thing. I have Dystonia (a movement disorder) in my left leg and right arm and it causes my muscles to freeze into position. My leg is rotated out to the side and my arm was in a fist for over 3 months. Sorry you had to deal with that also as I know how painful it is!

Good Luck with your doctors appointment on Thursday! You are in my thoughts and please keep us posted when you can!

Debbie D 06-01-2009 06:44 PM

Hope you're on the mend from the fall...but glad you put off the 'roids...they can kill your bones and brain, my friend!
Hope you get some good advice from the NP...go with your list, and bring a tape recorder!!;)

NurseNancy 06-02-2009 08:00 PM

i hope you're on the mend from your fall.
i'm glad you're going in just 2 days.
please let us know how you are.

SallyC 06-02-2009 08:37 PM

So sorry for your fall Fin. Let us knoW what your Doc says and please stay safe..:hug:

PolarExpress 06-03-2009 12:10 AM

Oh I HATE when that happens! I fell a couple weeks ago when I got up to answer the phone and ended up with a bruise on my hip the size of a small country (and it was the Tysabri people checking on how I was doing. LOTS of answers flashed thru my mind)..Oooo, pretty purple, though :o..Hope the appointment goes well. While I've had to resort to steroids before, it's a last resort..I hates 'em! Feel better!:hug:

FinLady 06-03-2009 08:26 AM

Thanks all :) Got my list going for the NP. Hubby smacked me upside the head (not literally, but get my drift :D ) for forgetting to call them about another issue I've been having on and off recently. So that one's been added and moved to the top.

This is the reason for making lists. If it's not happening right now - totally forget it. I swear my brain is swiss cheese sometimes. :D

The main reason I'm reluctant to try the roids is that I'm one of those rare people who have never had an active leison (even with MRI changes happening every three months during my DX year - makes my neuro go hmmm) and most of my stuff is sensory. Would it really help? Don't know. Plus I'm a sensitive person to meds and seem to always get the least likely side effect. (guess deep down inside I'm a chicken, LOL! )

But will definitely keep everyone posted on what happens tomorrow. :hug: