NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Worried (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/37569-worried.html)

Hola 01-28-2008 07:47 PM

Worried

Whoops :).

sassy 01-28-2008 08:05 PM

Sorry, can't help you out! But can't blame you for worrying, it sounds like a lot of not so good stuff.

Have you googled?

MamaMonkey 01-28-2008 08:07 PM

Well, all I can really pick up out if that is your cholesterol is high, your thyroid is underactive and your WBC's (white blood cells, your immune cells, fights off infection, etc.) is low.

I would call him back and ask for clarification. :hug:

Foggy Brain 01-28-2008 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MamaMonkey (Post 200252)
Well, all I can really pick up out if that is your cholesterol is high, your thyroid is underactive and your WBC's (white blood cells, your immune cells, fights off infection, etc.) is low.

I would call him back and ask for clarification. :hug:

Ditto to what Monkey Mama said.

DAY1 01-28-2008 09:18 PM

Total CPK-Extremely high?

Isn't that showing muscle breakdown.

I know they have checked my daughters several times to make sure her depakote wasn't causing muscle breakdown.

It is also what they check when they are checking for a heart attack.

It sure didn't sound good. Wonder why your doc didn't do more or something, instead of just looking sad.

DAY

lady_express_44 01-28-2008 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hola (Post 200238)
Does anyone happen to know what the following means? A low EOS/ABSOLUTE, Extremely high ALKALINE PHOSPHATASE VT, Albumin HIGH, A/G RATIO high, CPK TOTAL extremely HIGH, low WBC, High cholesterol with hypothyroidism. I think I have it all now. The doctor didn't say much but looked sad. Now I'm wondering if he is holding back anything. I'm lousy with determining what this all means. This was an industrial type dr and very vague also. Thanks so much for help in figuring this out.

The test results are pretty irrelevant if there is no dx or treatment discussed. :confused: These may indicate something, but he should have told you what.

It sounds at least as though you need to treat the hypothyroidism and cholesterol. Did he not say how you were to do that, or schedule a further appointment? :confused:

Cherie

GothicRosie 01-29-2008 12:05 AM

CPK=Creatine Phosphokinase

Quote:

Originally Posted by DAY1 (Post 200306)
Total CPK-Extremely high?

Isn't that showing muscle breakdown.

I know they have checked my daughters several times to make sure her depakote wasn't causing muscle breakdown.
It sure didn't sound good. Wonder why your doc didn't do more or something, instead of just looking sad.

DAY

I would look up CPK via google. It can show muscle damage but it can also just show you exercised vigorously or injected yourself intra-muscularly...but I'm no expert. If your doctor looked sad there may be more he is holding onto that he may want to verify first before worrying you...but I would definitely ask him directly about the results. Ask for clarification...and next time he looks sad...ask him why.

No point in going home feeling like you are missing some vital piece of your health puzzle. Good luck.

Cheers,
rosie