NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   Would like to hear from someone who works, while receiving SSDI (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/62917-hear-receiving-ssdi.html)

FaithS 12-06-2008 03:37 PM

Would like to hear from someone who works, while receiving SSDI

I'm wondering about whether employment, while on SSDI, triggers a review of ability to work.

I've read about Trial Work periods, and Ticket to Work stuff, and, I guess I just don't understand it all.

If I keep my income low (the monthly threshold for a Trial Work Period month for the year 2009 has been raised to $700), would I be at risk of being re-evaluated, and putting my SSDI claim in jeopardy?

~ Faith

armyrebel4 12-10-2008 04:58 AM

When you go back to work and you report you are making income, they send you a statement in which you describe the job. You will have to tell about certain subsidies and about the job somewhat. You can deduct certain things like equipment that enables you to work. It can be stressful, but it's worth it in the long run. Let me know if you need help.

Erik

finz 12-17-2008 04:44 AM

There is another recent thread about this Faith

I believe that working at all can trigger a review, but I "heard" that somewhere, I don't know it for a fact

FaithS 12-17-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armyrebel4 (Post 422375)
When you go back to work and you report you are making income, they send you a statement in which you describe the job. You will have to tell about certain subsidies and about the job somewhat. You can deduct certain things like equipment that enables you to work. It can be stressful, but it's worth it in the long run. Let me know if you need help.

Erik

Thanks for the heads-up about the statement. I called SSA, and the told me that if I keep my income under $700 per month, for the year of 2009, that it will not trigger a review because it does not count towards "services" in a "trial work period".

~ Faith

DiMarie 01-09-2009 05:45 PM

I returned to part time work on SSDI 3 years ago. It helped increase the monthly payments I receive, at the end of the year I generally get an extra amount they owe me for working and contributing that year for about $200 more.

I did not use my ticket to work at first, but then voc rehab purchased a lap top dictation software, and omnipage and optical character recognition softwae so they asked for my ticket to reimburse from gov program to their funds.

I received one note from the soc sec after I called to tell them where I was working, the hours and pay rate. After many months I received a letter that said they found I did not have significangt inmprovemnet in my physical condition and did not have any quarters against me.

For I beleive 36 months, you would get a full pay no cuts, but as you can quaters against you, then they start to take away the benefits. If at sometime in the futre you can no longer work though you could get back on SSDI with no problems or reapplying.

I guess I should have had a review this year but did not hear anything. I under go a lot of medical visits and treatments, medications to keep working.

I am currently off on leave now.
I made about $600 to $750 a month.
It really significantly increased my monthly benefits by working even the 3 half days.
di