NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Sanctuary for Spiritual Support (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/)
-   -   Another prayer request for my mom (https://www.neurotalk.org/sanctuary-for-spiritual-support/43635-prayer-request-mom.html)

SandyC 04-15-2008 11:53 PM

Another prayer request for my mom

Please keep my Mom in your prayers. Many of you know she had brain surgery in February and was bouncing back and had returned to work.

This afternoon, my mom apparently passed out. She laid down for a nap because she wasn't feeling well, her eyes were twitching and she had a headache. When she woke up she was on the floor (she fell off the couch) and had a bladder accident. She slept through the fall and accident. She refused to go to the ER saying she was fine. She promised she would call the doctor tomorrow if she wasn't feeling better.

Please pray with us. My mom is a stubborn woman. She thinks if she feels OK, she is OK. She has also mentioned she is done with doctors. We fear she will pass out at the wheel or at home and no one will be there to help her. She wont go live with my sister or anyone.

I am beside myself being so far away. My sister was in turmoil not knowing if she should call 911 or not. Plus my mom made her promise not to tell the rest of us kids and that was so hard for her. She finally broke down tonight and told me. I had a long talk with mom about that and her health. I am not sure she is listening. :(

Darlene 04-16-2008 01:28 AM

She and the rest of you are in my thought and prayers.

Darlene:hug:

soxmom 04-16-2008 06:53 AM

Prayers are on the way Sandy. Keep us posted, okay? :)

Sox

NaeNae 04-16-2008 07:42 AM

hey g/f you know my thoughts and preyers are always with you and your family...so I am offering up extra ones!

tkrik 04-16-2008 07:52 AM

Sandy - I will keep your mom as well as your family in my prayers.

AfterMyNap 04-16-2008 08:17 AM

I'm praying too, Sandy. What a scary thing.:(

FinLady 04-16-2008 08:23 AM

Prayers for your mom and family being sent Sandy. Sorry to hear about all that happened. :hug::hug:

SandyC 04-16-2008 10:14 AM

I just spoke with my mom and she says she is OK, but she sounded off. She also said she didn't sleep well last night. I almost had her talked into calling the neuro surgeon but then she changed her mind. My sister is on her way over there now and going to try to get her to call the doctor. Thanks for all your prayers, please keep them coming. I have a real bad feeling about this. :(

Burntmarshmallow 04-16-2008 11:00 AM

Sorry I missed this but I see it now and will be sending prayers for your mom sister and you too. She has such good daughters that are trying to take care and watch over her I pray she keeps geting better makes apt and sees doctor and that both you and sister get some time to relax and rest.:hug: :hug:
Peace
BMW

SandyC 04-16-2008 11:10 AM

Ok, I have called my brothers and they are going to try to get her to see the doctor as well. She is stubborn for sure. I tried to call her surgeon but they wouldn't let me talk to the nurse. I told them I needed to speak with someone now but they said I would have to leave a message. What is wrong with customer service these days? I know by the time they call it will be 6pm and my mom will have driven to work by then. They never call back until after the office closes. Frustrating.