NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Fibromyalgia and Chronic Fatigue (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/)
-   -   FM attracts other chronic diseases (https://www.neurotalk.org/fibromyalgia-and-chronic-fatigue/126616-fm-attracts-chronic-diseases.html)

RhiannonsMoon 07-01-2010 09:08 PM

FM attracts other chronic diseases

Is it so that FM causes the body to attract other chronic illnesses or do other illnesses attract FM?

I have
epilepsy (head injury as a child)
tinitus (same head injury)
myoclonus
fibromyalgia
diabetes (insulin dependent)
peripheral neurothapy
major depressive disorder
agoraphobia
generalised anixiety disorder
panic attacks
ocd

How many others have multiple disorders or diseases? and how do you think they are related?

Rhian

Jomar 07-01-2010 09:36 PM

I think with a list of dx's and most likely meds for some of them, that the body gets worn down after time and FM develops.

I have read many other forums here and many join with one condition , but eventually they acquire FM also.

Sallysblooms 07-03-2010 10:26 AM

I have Chronic Fatigue and now Disautonmia. Thankfully, I have two knowledgable doctors that know the supplements to support the body to stay as healthy as possible so more problems do not happen.

Having a great doctor that knows about Fibro/CFS and supplements is key.

Dmom3005 07-03-2010 08:27 PM

Yes, I agree with Jo*Mar

I also started with a disorder or two. And developed more.

Honestly when my doctor told me I probably had fibromyalgia I was
kind of relieved to know there was a name for my problems.
I was having lots of falling problems.

I also had epilepsy as a child, and it runs big time in my family.
So I really understand that one.
I have migraines so I take a medicine that works for seizures and migraines.
I also developed Diabetes about 18 months ago. And I take metformin.
I have a abnormality in the brain that causes dizziness, balance problems,
and other things.

I have other things too. But it is just necessary to work through them.

Donna:grouphug:

DejaVu 07-10-2010 04:17 PM

Many conditions are really not well-understood or even yet well-defined...and/or are in need of a new definition.
It can all get to be quite a complicated, messy picture.
I, too, have mutiple diagnoses and often am not always positive of where to post on some issues/topics.
In time, I think we'll find some of these co-occurring conditions have more in common than anyone had ever thought (originally).
I also agree that some conditions and some meds eventually place the body at further risk for even more complications.
This topic was also just being discussed in the PN forum. :winky:
Fortunately, we all have each other to try to help to sort out the things we can do to help ourselves as much as possible! :grouphug:

Hopefully, things will get easier for all in time!:winky:

~DejaVu

Emily_Rose 08-10-2010 12:54 PM

Do you know if a person can develop fibromyalgia after 5 years of chronic pain? I have RSD on the whole left side of my body, but for the past three months or so I have had a completely separate pain... a whole body ache. The doctor has ruled out severe iron deficiency or my anemia worsening. The two points where I have the most pain are my hip, which seems to radiate out to my lower back and my shoulder blade. I am unable to wear certain types of clothing on these areas because it hurts too much...but it's not at all like RSD pain. Could this be a fatigue syndrome?