NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Neuro Called Back (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/55373-neuro-called.html)

yeahbut 10-01-2008 12:03 PM

Neuro Called Back

I heard back for the neuro this morning - He said he was afraid to tell me but yes it was another flare.... he had me do a few neuro test over the phone and I described to him what I was feeling.... L'Hermittes for sure!!

So, he is calling in a prescript for Predizone for 20 days. He wanted to do the IV but I can't afford it - he said he would do oral but is afraid it isn't going to work as well as the IV....

This will be my 3rd flare this year so far. :(

Has anyone had to buy Predizone with no insurance?

mbabic 10-01-2008 12:12 PM

I have not had to get prognizone without insurance. Are there prescription cards that you can purchase? Not sure if they could save you some money. Try looking at your phatm. first. Hope this helps.

sabimax 10-01-2008 12:14 PM

I had insurance...and sorry dont recall how much total was for the predinsone...I have some in cupboard..hehehe some in 20mg, 10mg, or 2mg..hehehehe ok I am teasing all..not selling drugs on line..heheee

good luck dear, hugsss,sarah

hollym 10-01-2008 12:21 PM

Prednisone is pretty cheap. Shouldn't cost that much.

yeahbut 10-01-2008 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hollym (Post 380575)
Prednisone is pretty cheap. Shouldn't cost that much.

Thanks Holly!! that makes me feel a little better....

ewizabeth 10-01-2008 12:32 PM

Hi Sarah,

I bet you can get this at Walmart for $4? Or call them to ask. I would think that it would be included in that plan, or maybe less than $4 since it's only 20 days worth? I hope it helps and that you'll feel better soon. :hug:

AfterMyNap 10-01-2008 12:44 PM

Aw, bummer, little Lambchop.:(:hug: But I'm glad you called it in and that you're going to treat it. Let's hope that you will kick this one swiftly and be a good girl & get plenty of rest.

I'm not afraid, your doc is a wimp.

"You're having an exacerbation."

Gee, I'm not dead or anything!;)

yeahbut 10-01-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 380584)
Aw, bummer, little Lambchop.:(:hug: But I'm glad you called it in and that you're going to treat it. Let's hope that you will kick this one swiftly and be a good girl & get plenty of rest.

I'm not afraid, your doc is a wimp.

"You're having an exacerbation."

Gee, I'm not dead or anything!;)

:eek: LOL - he said "You are having another exacerbation" he didn't say flare - I said flare and I'm not afraid to admit -that my brain wasn't sure how to spell it!!!! :eek:

my arms are killing me today, my brain is NOT working, my face is in so much pain, my eyes are seeing double and I am freaking tired!

ok, I am heading for a nap now that I have all that off my chest!

dmplaura 10-01-2008 01:08 PM

You poor dear. L'Hermittes is the pits. So are the steroids, but what can you do?

I hope they work for you. I blame that freaking failure of a hurricane.

SallyC 10-01-2008 01:15 PM

I'll have you in my thoughts today Char.

Feel better soon, please..:hug: