NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Scary report (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/189018-scary-report.html)

romans8 05-24-2013 10:28 PM

Scary report

I have been in pain that is a 10 for 12 hours. Never experienced this before. Have taken all kinds of meds but nothing touching it. Scapular area and coming out chest in front. Cannot lay down or recliner as hurts too bad laying against something. Going to be up all night then ER in morning if nothing changes. 7 months post op. First 3 good then things turned the other way. Something has gone terribly wrong very quickly. I can take deep breath so do not think embolism. Had been experiencing flares and streaks of good days and bad days but nothing like this. First week of surgery not this bad. I am not sure nerve pain can hurt this bad this long with nothing helping.

Will report back when I can. Prayers appreciated.

BDBomg 05-25-2013 12:04 AM

Can you go to the ER now? I don't think you should wait until the morning. If you think you are going to have to go anyway, you should go now. That sounds like too much pain to ignore.

Best wishes!

Jomar 05-25-2013 12:29 AM

10 pain is very close to passing out pain,:eek: that is not a good thing, might be best to go to ER.
If someone is there with you to keep watch over you then maybe you could wait. But not if alone.

Could be something new or something that is treatable and not only TOS pain.

It isn't RSD/CRPS pain is it? Your TOS surgery might have triggered RSD/CRPS, it has for others in the past.

We also have a RSD forum here for more info.

kellysf 05-25-2013 12:55 AM

Romans8,

I hope you'll get some relief very soon.

Kelly

parbie 05-25-2013 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellysf (Post 986517)
Romans8,

I hope you'll get some relief very soon.

Kelly

Oh no I really hope you feel better, you are in my prayers!

brmr19 05-25-2013 07:08 AM

My prayers are with you

romans8 05-25-2013 07:39 PM

doing better

I finally was able to fall asleep around 3am by taking enough sedating meds. I woke up around 10 and the pain had died down considerably. I still have a burning pain in my chest that is more of a simmer than what I experienced for 16+ hours. I still cannot put my scapular area against anything unless it is substantially cushioned.

All of this happened 4 days after getting an injection at c7 / c8. The injection gave me incredible range of motion in my neck that I never had before. However it only lasted two days and then pain started building in neck/shoulder/scapula which is my norm. I am wondering if the shot was somehow connected to this experience but maybe I am grasping for straws.

My local doc wants me to see a neurosurgeon thinking I may have cervical issues on top of TOS. I have been down that road and already have two fusions from it and I really do not think my spine is the issue. I think all this is radiating pain from the brachial plexis area. Something has changed after the first 3 months post surgery. If it is scarring I need to get back to my surgeon (Pearl) who I had hoped would call me after I contacted them. My doctor who referred me is going to contact him next week.

ginnie 05-25-2013 07:52 PM

Hi Roman

Don't hesitate, go to the ER. If pain is that bad, the ER is the place to be. I will keep you in my prayers. ginnie

16rhonda 05-25-2013 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by romans8 (Post 986503)
I have been in pain that is a 10 for 12 hours. Never experienced this before. Have taken all kinds of meds but nothing touching it. Scapular area and coming out chest in front. Cannot lay down or recliner as hurts too bad laying against something. Going to be up all night then ER in morning if nothing changes. 7 months post op. First 3 good then things turned the other way. Something has gone terribly wrong very quickly. I can take deep breath so do not think embolism. Had been experiencing flares and streaks of good days and bad days but nothing like this. First week of surgery not this bad. I am not sure nerve pain can hurt this bad this long with nothing helping.

Will report back when I can. Prayers appreciated.

Sorry to of ur pain. Ill keep u in my prayers. I am 14 mos postop, Lt. c-rib, 1st rib, scalenectomy & neuroplasty.
the pain I've. Been having for last 2wks sounds similar to Ur's. It started w/severe stabbing paining under clavicle & worse lying down or reclining back, deep radiating into inside scapula. I was supposed to have surgery on Rt. Side in May but I cancelled due to this pain that came out of nowhere! I was doing better, except for severe carpal T. that started 6 mos. Postop.