NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Kicking 2008 to the curb (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/67971-kicking-2008-curb.html)

TwoKidsTwoCats 01-01-2009 03:17 AM

Kicking 2008 to the curb

I do wish everyone here a wonderful, healthy and best New Year ever!

I just needed to give the old year a good kick! It was a good one until a couple of days ago and much sadness ended our year.:(

A childhood friend of mine drowned while on a fishing adventure. 51 years old and had just retired from a 30 year career. Yesterday a distant cousin of mine died after a two year battle with leukemia. Two days ago we got the news that my DH's dad is losing his 6 yr battle with cancer. :Sigh:

Yet life marches on.... :hug:

Kitty 01-01-2009 06:59 AM

I'm so sorry about all the bad news. Life has a way of doing that......interrupting just when things are going so good. Butting in when it's not invited.....changing everything up when it seemed to be going so well. :(

I wish I had some words of wisdom but I don't. Like you said.....despite it all life marches on. To a different tune.....but it definitely marches on.

I hope 2009 proves to be a better year for you. :hug:

weegot5kiz 01-01-2009 09:57 AM

:hug::hug:2k2k sorry to hear the sad news, may the coming year be brighter for you and your loved ones

SallyC 01-01-2009 11:43 AM

((((((((((((((TwoKidsTwoCats))))))))))))))))

Jodylee 01-01-2009 12:11 PM

I'm so sorry 2kids2cats :(. Kelly summed it all up. :hug: :hug:

sabimax 01-01-2009 12:15 PM

hugssssssssssss

I hear ya, lost sister in October after her cancer fight, and now yesterday got news that dad now has colon cancer...glad I live in town now by my parents..hugsss and take care,sarah

dmplaura 01-01-2009 03:21 PM

I'm all for ditching 2008. My diagnosis year. Later alligator!

DM 01-01-2009 03:51 PM

AMEN TK!!! TO the curb it goes~

Sorry to hear of such sadness for those around you. Take care.

PolarExpress 01-03-2009 12:13 PM

(((2K2C)))
We could set up a chorus line of kickers to boot 2008 to the curb, and I'd be standing right beside you..:hug:

lady_express_44 01-03-2009 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoKidsTwoCats (Post 436988)
I do wish everyone here a wonderful, healthy and best New Year ever!

I just needed to give the old year a good kick! It was a good one until a couple of days ago and much sadness ended our year.:(

A childhood friend of mine drowned while on a fishing adventure.

Sorry to hear about your loss, but glad that the rest of the year was pretty good to you. :)

2008 was mostly a good year for me. It started out rough because of an untreated tooth infection (lesson learned :rolleyes:), but after March, all was as good as I could hope for, MS-wise.

My surgery in Nov threw me for a bit of a loop initially, but when all was said and done, I feel SO much better without that *&^$ gallbladder! :)

I hope 2009 is as good as 2008 was overall . . . and that everyone who had a difficult time last year, gets their break this year. :hug:

Cherie