NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   Great news for RSD and W/C! (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/136305-news-rsd.html)

Kakimbo 10-27-2010 08:22 PM

Great news for RSD and W/C!

Hi Friends.

I have not been on here for a while. Busy, busy with pain. Also busy with W/C hearings, attorney's, etc...

Just had my w/c hearing three weeks ago. Our IME said 50% leg and 10% lower back. W/C IME said 3-5% leg and 0% low back. (After two years! with NO work.)

Spent almost five hours in the hearing. Grilled by w/c atty. and was ultimately (sp?) told that "It's been two years now, time to just go back to work!". " We recommend 3-4 appointments a year for meds {anyone on narcotics in America knows that this is impossible} and she can work 20 hours a week for $200.00, even though the only job that would take her is 90+ mins. away. Each way". Not to mention that I would fail the drug test, vomit randomly (sp?) and perhaps not be able to show up due to pain/sickness/epidurals (which render me parayzed for 1-3 days). It is also illegal to drive while "while under the influence; and I live in MD, so Medicinal Marijuana is not legal, also breaking the law(s).

Well, I got the ruling today which granted me TOTAL, PERMANENT DISABILITY.
I will still get bi-weekly benefits, all medical (for RSD), all scripts, mileage and a lump-sum for disabilities.

WAHOO!

I am happy for my decision, BUT, I am happier because that RSD is now being considered a REAL disease and is NOW being treated at a true cause. I thank you for all of your support and information. Without you, and our cause, I don't feel that I could have had my case heard without skepticism (sp?) and without judgement.

RSD has a real name now, im my honest opinion.

Thank you my friends. I have dedicated myself to further the acknowledgement of how "true" and "real" RSD/CRPS is.

Love to all!

Kim

p.s. And, thanks to you all. I could not have done it without you!

Prayers to all; especially to Bobber and Cake. (Thanks, fmichael!) and mg!

SandyRI 10-27-2010 10:06 PM

Congrats Kim!! I hope most of the WC nightmare is now over for you. Does this ruling also impact any application you may have with SSDI? Or will you have to go through that process separately? How long are WC wages paid in the State of MD before you need to convert to SSDI? Just curious.

Wishing you a peaceful restful next few weeks xoxox Sandy

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kakimbo (Post 709351)
Hi Friends.

I have not been on here for a while. Busy, busy with pain. Also busy with W/C hearings, attorney's, etc...

Just had my w/c hearing three weeks ago. Our IME said 50% leg and 10% lower back. W/C IME said 3-5% leg and 0% low back. (After two years! with NO work.)

Spent almost five hours in the hearing. Grilled by w/c atty. and was ultimately (sp?) told that "It's been two years now, time to just go back to work!". " We recommend 3-4 appointments a year for meds {anyone on narcotics in America knows that this is impossible} and she can work 20 hours a week for $200.00, even though the only job that would take her is 90+ mins. away. Each way". Not to mention that I would fail the drug test, vomit randomly (sp?) and perhaps not be able to show up due to pain/sickness/epidurals (which render me parayzed for 1-3 days). It is also illegal to drive while "while under the influence; and I live in MD, so Medicinal Marijuana is not legal, also breaking the law(s).

I will still get bi-weekly benefits, all medical (for RSD), all scripts, mileage and a lump-sum for disabilities.

WAHOO!

I am happy for my decision, BUT, I am happier because that RSD is now being considered a REAL disease and is NOW being treated at a true cause. I thank you for all of your support and information. Without you, and our cause, I don't feel that I could have had my case heard without skepticism (sp?) and without judgement.

Thank you my friends. I have dedicated myself to further the acknowledgement of how "true" and "real" RSD/CRPS is.

Love to all!

Kim

finz 10-28-2010 01:13 AM

That's awesome Kim !

Don't you wish that the judge could order that WC has to supply the doc who would write the scripts under those circumstances ?

Jimking 10-28-2010 08:48 AM

Yep, damn straight it is a real disease! Congratulations on the outcome, you need this, you deserve it and you earned it. Rest a little easier now. :)

keep smilin 10-28-2010 02:51 PM

Omg!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimking (Post 709496)
Yep, damn straight it is a real disease! Congratulations on the outcome, you need this, you deserve it and you earned it. Rest a little easier now. :)

Congratulations, Kim!!!! Way too easy to push off this illness when you are not the one suffering with it.. then to make us gravel.. Oh dear you deserve a huge big high five!! I am so happy for you!!

Rest at ease now..

Love, Kathy:hug:

loretta 10-28-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Hi Friends.

WAHOO!

Love to all!

Kim

Kim-How thrilled we all are for you and your family. I don't know how long you have been fighting, but you WON! What an encouragement for the rest of us. Although, I'm not WC, after 15 years of RSD and full body, I'm fighting for SSDI. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I'm 62 and got social security but not disability or insurance. I have no insurance.
Take care Kim, your friend, loretta with big and soft hugs:grouphug:

RNcrps2 10-29-2010 06:25 AM

Kim, Congratulations!! Wooo Hooo!!!! You must be so relieved. Thanks so much for letting us know you outcome. I am in the same process and it has been so stressful I cant take it much longer. I just want it over- and your post has given me hope. Thanks. momof4

lefty 10-29-2010 11:07 AM

Quote:

Hi Friends.

WAHOO!

Love to all!

Kim

Kim, there is a God :hug:! I was born an raised in MD, but I'm now in Colorado and am dealing with W/C as well. When I read your post, I was just so very happy for you, Kim, that THIS weight has been lifted off your shoulders. I pray that I can be as bless :smileypray:! YOU GO GIRL :winner_first_h4h:

Jimking 10-29-2010 11:27 AM

I was born in DC raised in Maryland, now live in Virginia. We've got a Maryland crew brewing! ;)

fmichael 10-30-2010 02:03 AM

So Happy For You!!!

Dear Kim -

I join the chorus. We are all thrilled at your outcome. At long last!

Mike