NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Chat (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/)
-   -   Guess who we saw today? (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-chat/82342-guess.html)

SandyC 03-25-2009 01:27 AM

Guess who we saw today?

He's a wiseguy, someone who you may or may not know. He has lots of friends and family. They stop by to smoke cigars, leave mints, gum and change all around him.

I had to take his picture fast. You never know who might show up to engage in some strange conversation. :D

Look further if you dare.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/i...0324091521.jpg

Yep, Jim and I did. :p

Koala77 03-25-2009 03:22 AM

My husband's sister had a son to Al Capone's great, great, grandson. Hubby's nephew lost his dad in a boating accident, and although the nephew now has a son of his own, thay've not carried the Capone name through to this next generation.

This is for real...........

kicker 03-25-2009 06:42 AM

Ah Sandy,
You do some interesting things. I thought his body was never found. Didn't Geraldo look for it? Me, an ex-Jersey girl, think I'd know.

Bets 03-25-2009 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kicker (Post 486313)
Ah Sandy,
You do some interesting things. I thought his body was never found. Didn't Geraldo look for it? Me, an ex-Jersey girl, think I'd know.

That was Jimmy Hoffa that is sleepin' with the fishes or buried at the Meadowlands. Or maybe living the good life in the Caymens. I forgot what Geraldo was looking for, but remember watching them open up a tunnel with nothing in it.

Thanks for the pic - that is cool. I visited Jim Morrison's in Paris a long time ago.

lor 03-25-2009 08:12 AM

This reminds me of a little gravesite of 4 near my SIL in northern Virginia right by Shanendoah National Park. One of the gravestones says PASTOR ____. Since there's a small half chimney standing nearby, we think it might be a church & the 4 stones are the pastor & his family. From the late 1800s.

AfterMyNap 03-25-2009 08:50 AM

I hope you did him proud and scooped up all that money.:D

braingonebad 03-25-2009 09:43 AM

Quote:

Ah Sandy,

An Irish Jersey girl, if I remember right. I'll let ya know if I hear anything, pinky-swear, lol.

SandyC 03-25-2009 11:02 AM

Quote:

Ah Sandy,

That would be Hoffa. Al was once thought to have been moved across the street to Mary Queen of Heaven's mausoleum due to defacing of his grave. It's never been confirmed. His grave used to be covered by huge shrubs. I had a hard time finding him yesterday because I was looking for them. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bets (Post 486326)
That was Jimmy Hoffa that is sleepin' with the fishes or buried at the Meadowlands. Or maybe living the good life in the Caymens. I forgot what Geraldo was looking for, but remember watching them open up a tunnel with nothing in it.

Thanks for the pic - that is cool. I visited Jim Morrison's in Paris a long time ago.

Thanks Bets! Geraldo was looking for money and treasure and was so embarrassed when he found nothing. No surprise there! :cool:

Quote:

Originally Posted by AfterMyNap (Post 486369)
I hope you did him proud and scooped up all that money.:D

No, I was skeered to be caught! :eek:

SandyC 03-25-2009 11:08 AM

So, I have another picture of a lady who was thought to be a saint. She was buried with her baby in her wedding gown. She died during childbirth. Her mother heard her calling for several years and couldn't rest until she had her exhumed. The daughter was not decayed, the baby was. She was named a saint because religious beliefs say if a body does not decay after death you are a saint.

I didn't post the image because I wasn't sure how people would take it. The image shows her tomb with two pictures on it. One in her wedding gown and one after they had the body exhumed.

DM 03-25-2009 02:57 PM

Don't listen to AMN, Sandy~ Those Capone's will off ya if'n you mess w/their kin's burial sites. That gum didn't look too old, so someone must have been there recently. Thanks for posting the pic~ very interesting.