NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   I feel grieved,sick. I'm a outsider in my family. (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/211702-feel-grieved-sick-im-outsider-family.html)

Brokenfriend 11-03-2014 04:45 AM

I feel grieved,sick. I'm a outsider in my family.

My brother in law didn't want me to see my sister today. I found out that my niece,and her new son,and my bol were with my sister at the hospital after that today according to FB timeline. I new that she was coming.

The only conclusion that there could be is that my bol didn't want me at the occasion,and I feel sick in my stomach,and heart about this. He was very vocal about how he didn't want me to be there today. He didn't meantion anything about my niece,but I'm not stubid,and wonder why he thought that I wouldn't find out about this. The only other conclusion that I can think of is that He didn't care about me being there at this occasion,or even if I would find out. What am I? A nothing who doesn't feel anything.

I feel sick,unwanted,extremely unwanted,unloved in the family,and nobody cared for me to be there. I could write fifty pages of my feelings about wanting to be there at the occasion.

I don't know what to do. I feel so bad that I might call the emergency hotline,but I've done that before,and they were not very helpful. I was just another troubled person on the phone.

TBI/PTSD 11-03-2014 05:11 AM

Thanks for writing

Dear BF,
I can only imagine how that felt and I am sorry your had to go through it. We never know what is going on in other peoples heads and if we interpret something wrong, it can be very painful. I am sorry you had to go through this and hope you feel better soon.

mymorgy 11-03-2014 07:34 AM

i know how painful it is....how much it hurts....that is what my family did to me most of my life. turn to God. he is always with you. you are a part of him and you are never alone. and who is more important? please find comfort in that.
bobby

Hockey 11-03-2014 09:17 AM

Why not write your sister a letter? Don't even mention that her husband excluded you from the visit.

Instead, focus on her. Just tell her that you love her, you're praying for her health and that, no matter what, you will always be there for her.

I find that a dose of positive energy and kindness are the best response to negative, nasty people. Don't let your ignorant, insensitive brother-in-law drag you down to his level.

bizi 11-03-2014 10:03 AM

good advice about writing the letter.
sorry that you are feeling this poorly about the situation.
Try if you can to not dwell too long on this, maybe you could write him a letter then burn it up as a sort of release just to get your feelings of hurt on paper.
((((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Mari 11-03-2014 10:45 AM

BF, :hug::hug::hug::hug:

I hear you.

These things hurt. :grouphug:

Mari

ger715 11-04-2014 10:32 AM

BF,

I think writing your sister a letter or send a real nice card with enough space for you to write how you are praying for her and and waiting for your brother-in-law to give you the okay to visit.

This way she knows of your love and concern. She will also be aware of the reason you have not come to see her. Maybe this will prompt her to ask her husband to be sure he let's you know she is looking forward to your visit and wanting him to let you know she want to see you too. (Need too keep things "cool" with with brother-in-law; don't want to add to any negative feelings.)

Gerry

bizi 11-04-2014 06:51 PM

ger this is excellent advice!
bizi

Brokenfriend 11-05-2014 11:50 PM

I talked to my councilor today. She recommended that I call the hospital,and talk to a nurse who is helping my sister to relay a message.

My decision is to back off at this time.

I guess that my brother in law is under allot of pressure both good,and bad.

I'm putting all of this into the Lords hands,because he can handle it,and I cannot. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 11-06-2014 03:46 AM

BF,

That is good that you talked to the counselor.
Keep taking care of yourself.

Mari