NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   spinal mri report (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/37722-spinal-mri-report.html)

suzyqz_2007 01-30-2008 12:11 PM

spinal mri report

The nurse just called me....the mri came back normal with the exception of a slight disc protrusion on the L5 (nothing significant she said). So I guess this is good news..but I'm still a bit confused. I understand that not all lesions are necessarily visible. Would the problems I am having with balance and pain/tingling along with loss of sensation and strength in my right side be caused by the brain lesions?

My mind has drawn a complete blank plus you know how it is when a drs. office calls and you're trying to keep up with what they're saying you forget to ask questions. lol

I'd appreciate any input on this.

:grouphug:
Susan

lady_express_44 01-30-2008 12:31 PM

Yes, I'm fairly certain that brain lesions can cause these particular symptoms too.

If the symptoms were fairly drastic (paralysis, complete numbness, etc), it would be much more likely that they would stem from spinal lesions though.

Spinal lesions can be very sneaky when they are small, and they can be missed on a MRI, especially one without contrast. If they are that small though, chances are they aren't causing you much problems yet. (Of course, that can change in an instant, whether you have spinal lesions at the moment, or not).

Cherie

suzyqz_2007 01-30-2008 12:35 PM

Thank you! I was so happy to hear no lesions that I didn't even think about asking the nurse questions.

:hug: Susan

sugarboo 01-30-2008 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzyqz_2007 (Post 201611)
The nurse just called me....the mri came back normal with the exception of a slight disc protrusion on the L5 (nothing significant she said). So I guess this is good news..but I'm still a bit confused. I understand that not all lesions are necessarily visible. Would the problems I am having with balance and pain/tingling along with loss of sensation and strength in my right side be caused by the brain lesions?

My mind has drawn a complete blank plus you know how it is when a drs. office calls and you're trying to keep up with what they're saying you forget to ask questions. lol

I'd appreciate any input on this.

:grouphug:
Susan

As I understand it, Lesions only show up on the brain, C-spine and T-spine. The L-spine does not have the cord in it so you won't see lesions there. Just what I've been told. I'd guess they did the L-spine to see if you had something going on there to explain your sx? EDIT: I had the L-spine too, and it does not explain my sx....but I do have issues that are being addressed there....FWIW