NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Vibration Question (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/55978-vibration-question.html)

yeahbut 10-10-2008 08:22 AM

Vibration Question

Last night I was rubbing the dogs belly (they just love that! :D) and I was getting this strange vibration in my fingers right up into my hand at times. Really was weird! I didn't say anything to DBF about it until later I rubbed his back wondering if it would happen again and it did!

I asked him if he felt it and he said he didn't so I asked him to pay attention and the next time it happened I would tell him. Everytime it happened he didn't feel anything different.

You know when the Neuro takes the metal thing and hits it on his hand and then puts it on you - the vibration feeling you feel?? Well, that is just what it felt like going right through my fingers and into my hand.

anyone else? :confused:

weegot5kiz 10-10-2008 08:33 AM

Yes Char i get that sensation too, it seems to me to be effected by how lightly I touch something, almost like there is a barrier between my fingers and the item, cant explain it real well, i can only sense it on one side now use to feel it on both sides but left side is so numb and doenst feel anything

Riverwild 10-10-2008 08:41 AM

I have to tell you that the title was the hook to this thread!:eek:Hehehe

I had that once.

Every time I touched the ex I would get a strange vibration. Funniest part was it only happened when we were in the waterbed.

I got freaked out about it and actually tore the waterbed apart. I found the heater pad connection was broken and the fluid inside had leaked out!

Besides being worried about the PCBs in the bed, I wondered what would have happened if the water had touched the open connection!

I told you that to tell you this. Our bodies are electric. When the electric conduction of the nervous system is messed up, strange things happen. This is one of those strange things.

Leave it to you to get the fun stuff!!!:D

Twinkletoes 10-10-2008 09:32 AM

A couple of years ago before I was dxd, I woke up more than once because the bed was vibrating. Or so I thought! I was certain there had been an earthquake tremor or something.

Yep, aren't we lucky, Char? We get the fun stuff. hehehe ;)

Kitty 10-10-2008 09:37 AM

Yes, I get that quite often. Sometimes in my hands, mostly in my legs and feet. It's a strange sensation although I've become accustomed to it and hardly notice it anymore.

soxmom 10-10-2008 09:42 AM

I notice it the most at night. My legs vibrate in bed. but Ive had whole
body vibrations. :eek:

FinLady 10-10-2008 09:58 AM

:hug::hug:

Yep, you're not alone. I get this feeling too from time to time. Different areas get it for me. One time it was through out my bod so it felt like I was on the back of hubby's harley.

dmplaura 10-10-2008 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riverwild (Post 385734)
I have to tell you that the title was the hook to this thread!:eek:Hehehe

I certainly did not read "Vibration" at first LMAO!!!

I get the vibration thing only not QUITE as pronounced as you describe with the neuro putting that large metal thing on your legs etc.

yeahbut 10-10-2008 12:46 PM

:wink: wow - I am glad I asked. I debated thinking it was probably just me, should of known better! :o

Thanks Everyone! I feel better. Today it is going right up my arms!

dmplaura 10-10-2008 02:47 PM

Hun, I think it's our messed up weather honestly.

Has it gone from cold and dry in Maine to mild and damp, and now back to dry and mild?

Because that's what's happened here, and for the last 2 days I've been feeling like hell. :(

My arms are vibrating sorta too. Strum strum goes the guitar strings :p