NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Weird side effect (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/40107-weird-effect.html)

Catch 02-27-2008 09:59 PM

Weird side effect

First let me say, that I am so sorry that so many of you suffer awful side effects to steroids. I just finished a series of IV and oral steroids, and not only did I not have any real negative side effects. I felt one distinctly positive side effect (other than generally easing sx).

During the three days on the IV I felt ..not just content..not "high" like the Dalai Lama must feel: So...Zen...Buddha...

Any body ever hear of something like this?

Erin524 02-27-2008 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catch (Post 226067)
First let me say, that I am so sorry that so many of you suffer awful side effects to steroids. I just finished a series of IV and oral steroids, and not only did I not have any real negative side effects. I felt one distinctly positive side effect (other than generally easing sx).

During the three days on the IV I felt ..not just content..not "high" like the Dalai Lama must feel: So...Zen...Buddha...

When I did some prednisone last summer, I felt high for almost the entire two weeks. (not that I've ever been high before...really!)

I was bouncing off the walls, but strangely enough, I slept very well. 8 hours every night almost.

Girlie Girl 02-29-2008 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catch (Post 226067)

Yes, I had that. My doc prescribed a downer for that because the steroid is like an upper. Isn't it nice to actually have energy for a change. I was cooking and baking up a storm. I wasn't "off the wall" but I did feel more energetic. :trampoline:

the Bird 03-01-2008 08:55 PM

Both my neighbors love being on steroids for that very reason! I am not one of those lucky ducks!

Be glad you have that! Something nice to look forward to! (well, when you have to, I mean!)

PolarExpress 03-02-2008 09:04 PM

Ah yes..One with everything and everyone..Happened once on steroids, or just after..Wish it happened all the time!

KarenMarie 03-02-2008 11:27 PM

Yes - you feel great while you're on steroids - you can move mountains and your symtoms are diminished - it's the after effects that show up later in life that are difficult to deal with - perhaps the new steroids will not have such ill effects - I don't know - but I wouldn't take them again - they do have the long term effect of osteoporosis and cataracts to name two and that was from 3 courses of ACTH and two weeks of prednisone about 20 years ago -