NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/)
-   -   Neck is weak feeling (https://www.neurotalk.org/thoracic-outlet-syndrome/77709-neck-weak-feeling.html)

thursday 02-12-2009 11:13 PM

Neck is weak feeling

I feel like I wish I had a brace just to keep it up!!! :( Does it sound weird to say it feels weak in the front and sides?
Not sure what i did... maybe did too much to my longus colli muscles http://www.realbodywork.com/learn/neck/longuscap.jpg by doing some Edgelow "Thinker" excercises http://cdn-www.expertvillage.com/sho...ower-cross.jpg or by sucking on of candy chocolates (a bag full!)???

Does anyone ever experience this? What helps?? My tired neck thanks you!!:)

Jomar 02-13-2009 12:24 AM

Sounds like some spasms happening.
I think prop and rest the muscles as much as you can for now.
extra pillows, recliner etc.
Maybe some very easy slow relaxing stretches to keep range of motion and fluidity ?? Is that a word LOL. I think it is...

It might take a couple of weeks to calm down depending on how bad it is.

Are you seeing a PT or chiro that might be able to do some specific massage for it?
might need deep tissue type massage or TrP type massage if rest and relax doesn't fix it.

gibbrn 02-13-2009 04:03 AM

one word

massage!!

helps stop spasm and helps to release the tension.....
hope you find some relief!!!
love and hugs,
Victoria:hug::hug:

(Broken Wings) 02-13-2009 08:07 AM

I had that for a while... longer than I want to try to remember. I would have like a 2-hour upright time frame. any longer time upright, I just suffered more. Would have to take time out, take pills, get into a 45 degree angle for as long it took, as the day went on, time outs got longer... and of course my other sx were in overdrive!!!!!!

....even in my vehicle on the road... and eastern Kentuck don't have rest stops. You just pick a place to pull over. :cool: this behavior on the highway caused a lot of DOTs and State Police to stop by and ask if they could help me... :eek::eek::eek: especially on a rainy day when I would pull into a empty car wash bay :D:D:D it would be so quiet and peaceful... then the blue lights...:eek::eek::eek:

Well, it made life extremely difficult to carry out. "Life" certainly changed.

The only thing that helped that was my cervical epidural injections X3 for me.

I was amazed at the relief and have to admit I was scared and put that off too long, but I was diagnoseconfused and just bewildered about what to do... what to do... what... and the days and weeks and months and years passed by......

I'm not suffering with that anymore. I'm very thankful for that relief.

I still can get a hint of that but no time outs.

I certainly hope you find something quickly for relief. :hug:

thursday 02-13-2009 12:55 PM

:Thanx: so much guys!! I've been taking it easy like you suggested and using my Homedics neck-cuff massager in lieu of PT or chiro (they are not in the budget right now :() and I am hoping for a better day.

I know its not even the biggest complaint I have but its always reassuring to put something out here and have people respond. This is the one place that I feel free enough to be vulnerable and ask for help 24/7. And I just really wanna say how much I appreciate it!!!!!!! :grouphug:

(Broken Wings) 02-13-2009 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thursday (Post 465313)
:Thanx: so much guys!! I've been taking it easy like you suggested and using my Homedics neck-cuff massager in lieu of PT or chiro (they are not in the budget right now :() and I am hoping for a better day.

I know its not even the biggest complaint I have but its always reassuring to put something out here and have people respond. This is the one place that I feel free enough to be vulnerable and ask for help 24/7. And I just really wanna say how much I appreciate it!!!!!!! :grouphug:

Purple/orchid is for healing. Let's tattoo purple all over our pain wrecked bodies :D:D:D

billy027 02-17-2009 02:44 PM

I have tingling in back of neck and stiffness. Is this considered a symptom of TOS? Or can something else be going on?

(Broken Wings) 02-17-2009 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy027 (Post 467128)
I have tingling in back of neck and stiffness. Is this considered a symptom of TOS? Or can something else be going on?

I think something else might be going on also.

Have you had a x-ray or MRI of your cervical spine?

muscle spasms cause pain and stiffness, but muscle spasms are indicative of an underlying cause.

thursday 02-17-2009 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billy027 (Post 467128)

Billy- I'm not familiar with those as symptoms of TOS. But its definitely worth going to the doctor for! Keep us posted :)

gibbrn 02-17-2009 05:07 PM

I had this

I had tingling in the back of my neck, my face and my ear and eye. I also had muscle spasms in the back of my neck......

just my story
love and hugs,
Victoria:hug: