NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   SCS & Pain Pumps (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/)
-   -   Long time; no see 🌻 (https://www.neurotalk.org/scs-and-pain-pumps/211372-time.html)

tkayewade 10-25-2014 01:41 PM

Long time; no see 🌻

Hi everyone, it's TK and it's been awhile!!

I hope everyone's pain is low. Mine has been lower than normal due to the still summer temps in texas. (90s today!)

I've been on Medicare since the first. This past year has been trying. My RSD leg has a bone on bone knee attached. Every shot (4 cortisone, 1 synvisc), every scope (1), physical therapy NOT water therapy (off and on the whole year) the synvisc isn't really helping. I wanted it to because I had my 20th surgery Monday.

My cervical scs is doing grand. It's working well, with no problems. It hits the right spots and works awesome.

I had my gall bladder taken out in June after I lost weight I didn't have to lose. I weighed 112. I got down to 98. I felt better, but I still had a list of foods I couldn't eat. Well, I had celiac's disease. Now I am completely gluten free and back up to normal weight. I cheat occasionally, but cheating when you have a disease takes the fun out.

Finally, my thoracic Stim stopped working after we were rear ended in 9/2013. I waited a YEAR for a fix. It was so painful. On October 20, they pulled the whole thing, and replaced. It is awful. It's like 2012 all over again. I know when I'm done it'll be great; it's just the constant pain everywhere, surgery, and starting over.

In the end though, I am lucky to be alive, and I know God has me!!

Just wanted to update and say hi!!

PamelaJune 10-25-2014 09:59 PM

Be strong

Hi there, I can relate to the pain you are in right now as I had my SCS redone and repositioned in my thoracic last month. The pain of recovery this time was so much worse than previous procedures, even the lumbar fusion last year didn't hurt as much as this one. If you can face and or stomach it, go to YouTube and type Implantation of spinal cord stimulator by Joe Ordia. It will show you in a 4 minute video segment what we went through in a 2 hour procedure....
It will be worth it so hang in there and follow Mark56 BLaST to a TTT.:hug:

eva5667faliure 10-28-2014 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tkayewade (Post 1104993)
Hi everyone, it's TK and it's been awhile!!

I hope everyone's pain is low. Mine has been lower than normal due to the still summer temps in texas. (90s today!)

I've been on Medicare since the first. This past year has been trying. My RSD leg has a bone on bone knee attached. Every shot (4 cortisone, 1 synvisc), every scope (1), physical therapy NOT water therapy (off and on the whole year) the synvisc isn't really helping. I wanted it to because I had my 20th surgery Monday.

My cervical scs is doing grand. It's working well, with no problems. It hits the right spots and works awesome.

I had my gall bladder taken out in June after I lost weight I didn't have to lose. I weighed 112. I got down to 98. I felt better, but I still had a list of foods I couldn't eat. Well, I had celiac's disease. Now I am completely gluten free and back up to normal weight. I cheat occasionally, but cheating when you have a disease takes the fun out.

Finally, my thoracic Stim stopped working after we were rear ended in 9/2013. I waited a YEAR for a fix. It was so painful. On October 20, they pulled the whole thing, and replaced. It is awful. It's like 2012 all over again. I know when I'm done it'll be great; it's just the constant pain everywhere, surgery, and starting over.

In the end though, I am lucky to be alive, and I know God has me!!

Just wanted to update and say hi!!

happy to hear life has moved on
God Bless
love
Me