NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Perilous Journey... (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/167716-perilous-journey.html)

SallyC 04-06-2012 11:53 AM

Perilous Journey...

This morning, I woke up like most mornings at about 9/10 and just laid there, wondering what today would bring. Legs are stiff and sore, as usual, before Stretching and some PT and of course I have to potty.:eek:. So I, with great effort, swing my legs around and get to a sitting position.

From there the peril sets in. Getting myself to the edge and lifting myself to a standing position, get sturdy enough to hold on to something and swivel onto my scooter...whew made it (this time)! Then to the BR to go thru the up, swivel, down to toity and then up swivel and down again...Doggy clean up duties, To the kitchen duties...etc, until, trying hard not to forget anything, I'm back on my Sofa and ready for a nap..:D

I thank God for every time I make it and do not look forward to the next necessary journey. Especially if I sit to long and haven't moved and gotten stiff & sore again.:rolleyes:

In the meantime I'm counting my blessings, that I am able to still do it.:smileypray::smileypray:, as many can't.:(

Thank you for listening. :grouphug:

Anyone else want to share their Perilous Daily Journey?

Kitty 04-06-2012 01:28 PM

Everytime I walk down the hall....or anywhere else for that matter.....I have to make sure one, two or three kitty cats don't trip me up. They love to run ahead of me and then just stop. :rolleyes: Panda thinks it's fun to try and run through my legs as I'm walking but almost always ends up getting tripped up between my feet. Good thing I walk slowly and with a cane. My biggest fear is falling on top of one of them. :eek:

SallyC 04-06-2012 05:54 PM

Oh yes, Kelly that too..http://home.earthlink.net/~sal.pal/s...tures/trip.gif

Blessings2You 04-06-2012 06:07 PM

Sometimes, when I'm struggling to get out of the recliner or my bed, staggering stiffly down the hall, or having a close call, I count my blessings that I can do what I can. Sometimes I grieve over what I've lost. Sometimes I just try not to think.

Lynn 04-07-2012 08:10 AM

I have no real comprehension of what you are going through - I just wanted to say 'sorry - you don't deserve to have this b$tch of a disease as constant companion in your life'. 'She' (the disease) doesn't deserve you - and you sure as heck don't deserve 'her'.

Lyn

xxx

Judy2 04-07-2012 09:12 AM

Ah yes....I can relate.:( It's getting to be a day-long perilous journey and I don't like it one bit. I try to be thankful for what I can do and the fact that I'm still living on my own (with occasional help), but the frustration of trying to do the little things -- like getting pants, slippers, etc., on and off -- standing, even hanging on doesn't help much -- trying to get to the bathroom, stand up and "Hoover Dam" breaks loose -- reaching for things, have a grabber, but some things you just have to use your hands to hold.

The simple day-to-day chores of living are becoming sooo difficult. And like Sally, there always seems to be a dog mess to clean up. Today my family is coming for Easter rather than on Sunday. They take care of the food, etc., but there's still some things in the house I need to straighten up/clean, get "officially" dressed, put make-up on, fix hair....all the things I do half-a##%+ most other days. Tired all ready. People without MS just have no idea how difficult a normal day can be.

A day without seeing the paramedics/falling, etc. on my perilous journey is a good one!:grouphug:

new2net98 04-07-2012 10:40 PM

Daily Journey

I told my daughter & hubby tonight that as long as I can get up, move on my power & do SOMETHING...I am going to continue. They called me stubborn.

B2Y & SallyC...as long as you are "above ground & breathing," (my favorite saying) you can accomplish many things that others think you can't. Even our lovely & sometimes trippy cats.

Hope your night & whatever holiday you celebrate tomorrow (Happy Easter & Happy Passover) is as easy as the Lord allows us.

:hug: And, Thank you all for being supportive...it's one more thing that you contribute to our well-being.