NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Peripheral Neuropathy--Symptoms???? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/220670-peripheral-neuropathy-symptoms.html)

SuperKitty 05-23-2015 04:02 PM

Peripheral Neuropathy--Symptoms????

Hi All,

I've suffered from migraines for about 11 years and was on tons of medications. One day about 2 years ago, I decided to stop taking the medications and was pain free until this past December. Although I have not had any migraines, I started having pain in my arms and legs. These are sort of achy pains but also like lightening. I can't really explain it but it doesn't really matter if I am sitting, walking, or running. There is no rhyme or reason as to what time of day the pain happens and what triggers it. It started with my arms and then my legs, my right leg is worse and hurts more often. About a month ago, my right leg started going numb. Again, no rhyme or reason.

In addition to these symptoms, I am always fatigued, I am always cold, and have gained weight. My PCP ordered blood work in which she said everything looked good. She thinks I have peripheral neuropathy and referred me to a neurologist.

I've googled this disorder and don't feel that my symptoms match. Any thoughts?

Kitt 05-23-2015 04:37 PM

Welcome SuperKitty. :Wave-Hello:

Littlepaw 05-23-2015 05:32 PM

Hi Superkitty,

Did your bloodwork include a thyroid panel? Low thyroid could account for a lot of your symptoms. Best levels to check are TSH, Free T4 and Free T3. Also even subclinical results may need treatment. Endocrinology likes a tighter range than what labs currently consider normal.

:hug:

SuperKitty 05-23-2015 06:36 PM

Thanks for the welcome and thank you LittlePaw for answering my post. Yes, I have had those tests run and my PCP says that they are within normal range. It seems to be a mystery that I hope will be figured out soon.

Ivy

Ragtop262 05-23-2015 09:40 PM

Welcome SuperKitty, I hope you find out what's causing your issues - and find an effective treatment. You can find a lot of info about PN by reading this forum and posting your questions.

zkrp01 05-24-2015 08:32 AM

Close enough

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperKitty (Post 1144018)
Hi All,

I've suffered from migraines for about 11 years and was on tons of medications. One day about 2 years ago, I decided to stop taking the medications and was pain free until this past December. Although I have not had any migraines, I started having pain in my arms and legs. These are sort of achy pains but also like lightening. I can't really explain it but it doesn't really matter if I am sitting, walking, or running. There is no rhyme or reason as to what time of day the pain happens and what triggers it. It started with my arms and then my legs, my right leg is worse and hurts more often. About a month ago, my right leg started going numb. Again, no rhyme or reason.

In addition to these symptoms, I am always fatigued, I am always cold, and have gained weight. My PCP ordered blood work in which she said everything looked good. She thinks I have peripheral neuropathy and referred me to a neurologist.

I've googled this disorder and don't feel that my symptoms match. Any thoughts?

I feel that your symptoms match close enough to warrant the Neuro. If you lurk and read here, no rhyme or reason pops up quite a bit. Good Luck, Ken in Texas.