NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   We bought a Wii!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/94357-bought-wii.html)

AZjanie 07-19-2009 06:45 PM

We bought a Wii!!

DH and I finally bought a Wii awhile back. We were waiting for the price to lower and it just doesn't look like it would happen so we just diddit.

We are really enjoying it and got the sports package with it. DH also got Tiger Woods golf because it was in the clearance aisle.

I am really good at bowling but really lousy at baseball and tennis because of my depth perception I guess.:confused:

Since the weather this week was 100 plus degrees we have used it alot. I wonder if those of you have or have played what other games would you suggest?

I decided to get the Wii fitness but going to check on it for sure because I don't want to get it if I can't do it or would get hurt!
Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Blessings2You 07-19-2009 06:51 PM

Wheeeeeeeee!

Dejibo 07-19-2009 07:38 PM

The balance board is a MUST MUST MUST have! it will teach you balance exercises and has really helped me realize just how off balance I was.

There is a game called Carnival games. it has all the old style carnival stuff. shoot the star, throw bean bags at the milk bottles, or the ping pong ball onto the fish bowls, or basketballs into the hoop. loads of fun.

there are tons of games to have fun with but those are a great start.

Taffy 07-19-2009 08:54 PM

Love my Wii and I love Monopoly!

Kitt 07-19-2009 08:55 PM

Nothing will make me balance better:icon_rolleyes:

SallyC 07-19-2009 10:08 PM

Does getting a Wii mean I have to learn something new, at my age???:rolleyes:

Lady 07-20-2009 12:07 AM

Sally I use my son's game with the Grandkiddies when we visit. It is so much fun. I like playing against other people, my competitive nature. ;)

Many games I can do, some I just watch the kids do, like jogging, or hula hoops. It burns the calories for the kids that sit at computers or in school all day. Great exercise. I like bowling, tennis and basketball. That is all I have tried.

I have two different types of wobble boards at home I use for my balance. The PT people have the same ones. They help a lot. They are not part of the Wii games though. Wii has a different one, like standing on a scale.

Sally the instructions for each Wii game is right there on screen. You just need to have someone connect it to your TV for you and buy some accessories to go it.

AZjanie, I am glad you are enjoying it. Exercise increases endorphins, which help prevent depression too. I think it is the greatest game with activity included in it, that was ever made.:hug:

AZjanie 07-20-2009 03:02 PM

DH and I really struggled for over an hour with the instructions to set it up. I called the neighbor and he came over and got it all set up in about 10 minutes. :o

First thing to do is throw away the instructions for doing the set up as they will only confuse you! :mad:

This applies to most items.

misshayleesmom 07-20-2009 05:16 PM

Wow, sounds like fun.

I've been wanting to get one for my dd (9)and I... we both need the exercise.

There is an interactive fitness place for kids along the same lines as the wii but its a fortune.

How much is the wii if you want it for fitness i mean?

TXBatman 07-20-2009 05:44 PM

It isn't a very active game, but Mario Kart for Wii is a real blast, especially if you have multiple controllers and can compete against each other. The Mario Summer Olympic Games is alot of fun too and much more active. It is alot of fun when my nephews come over, because truly all ages can play together and have fun doing it.