NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   PN Tips, Resources, Supplements & Other Treatments (https://www.neurotalk.org/pn-tips-resources-supplements-and-other-treatments/)
-   -   Lyrica not for me (https://www.neurotalk.org/pn-tips-resources-supplements-and-other-treatments/192343-lyrica.html)

joecarver 08-04-2013 07:33 PM

Lyrica not for me

Started out like Lyrica held real promise for relief, until dosage was increased to 150mg twice a day from 75mg 2x a day, after 3 wks. started feeling like a zombie, so had to go back and will quit completely this week. Dr had said at start some people think its great, some don't get any relief and some just cant take it. Guess im one of the latter.::(

D0ct0rT 08-04-2013 09:43 PM

Hi Joe,

Lyrica was a life saver for me. Well not a life saver really but I was in spinal pain all the time and the Gabapentin did nothing for me. Major relief now and I am very grateful.

D0ct0rT 08-21-2013 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D0ct0rT (Post 1004825)
Hi Joe,

Lyrica was a life saver for me. Well not a life saver really but I was in spinal pain all the time and the Gabapentin did nothing for me. Major relief now and I am very grateful.

Lyrica has really helped with my spinal neuro pain but I'm starting to see that I have been having a lot of balance and gait problems. I've switched to only Ibuprofen but that gets hard on the stomach. I will do a test to see if it really is Lyrica that is causing difficulty walking or not. Prayer please. Thank you

nide44 08-26-2013 02:49 PM

Balance and gait problems are symptoms of PN, although some
meds will make you woozy and tipsy, so will alcohol.
The gait problems are typical of PN sx which is why one of the first
things the neuro asks you to do is walk away from... and toward him/her,
then to stand on tippy toes and balance on your heels for balance.
Doing these things with eyes closed is another dx tool.
These things are done without any medication, early in the diagnostic procedure.

Kitt 08-26-2013 03:52 PM

An inherited (genetic) neuromuscular problem? Anyone in the family have symptoms like that?

antonina 08-28-2013 03:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joecarver (Post 1004810)
Started out like Lyrica held real promise for relief, until dosage was increased to 150mg twice a day from 75mg 2x a day, after 3 wks. started feeling like a zombie, so had to go back and will quit completely this week. Dr had said at start some people think its great, some don't get any relief and some just cant take it. Guess im one of the latter.::(

super zombification occurred with lyrica! i had so hoped it might be the answer. tried cymbalta but that too was a major fail! back to tylenol....