NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   My update. (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/82372-update.html)

karousel 03-25-2009 09:54 AM

My update.

Well I went to the doctor's today for a full physical and found out I am very healthy (except for MS:rolleyes:). My heart is fine, my blood work was all fine, and the doctor said my weight was fine for my height. I had the blood work done when I was feeling my worst but apparently there was nothing wrong. They checked my vitamin D and thyroid and all is fine.

So why do I still feel like crap? :confused: Guess I can only blame on the MS. :mad: So my plan is to try my hardest to loose this extra weight. I don't care what the doctor said, I am overweight. I think that is what is dragging me down. Maybe if I try harder, I will have more energy. :Dancing-Chilli::mf_swordfight:

If anyone has any suggestions and want to give me their input, I would love to hear it.

dmplaura 03-25-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by karousel (Post 486419)
So why do I still feel like crap? :confused:

Probably because our weather's so crappy in the north east, still.

I'm holding out hope that this winter will be done, pronto.

soxmom 03-25-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplaura (Post 486455)

I think you are right , hopefull when we get our beautiful new england
spring weather is will lift our heart, spirits and get us moving.:hug:

Riverwild 03-25-2009 06:34 PM

I'm in agreement about the winter thing! :)

I also know that I have met you personally and unless you have put on a LOT of weight since that GTG in Mass, you are NOT overweight!

Is it possible that fatigue is the problem?
Even a small dose of something to help with fatigue may help. I felt like crap for a long time until the doc decided to start me on Provigil. The very first dose worked for me. I swear by it now. Provigil is expensive but there are other drugs out there that may help. I didn't realize just how much it was affecting me until I treated it.

:hug:

karousel 03-25-2009 08:07 PM

I gained about 7 pounds (since the GTC), not that much. But I feel like a slug and have no energy whatsoever. I have had fatigue ever since I can remember but this fatigue is very different than what I've ever experienced. Could this be the true MS fatigue? Or am I just out of shape? I know I am in denial a little about this fatigue. Maybe I should just call my neuro.

SallyC 03-25-2009 08:09 PM

Good news, K..:)

Yeah, blame it on the ever changing weather carp..:mad:

Feel better..:hug:

Thumper2 03-26-2009 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dmplaura (Post 486455)

I agree totally. It's been unbearably cold here this week. I thought I could finally turn off the heat and save a few bucks. :(

Hopefully soon you'll be able to get out in the warm sunshine and will feel better :hug:

hollym 03-26-2009 10:03 AM

True MS fatigue is tough to get around. My neuro explained that we get fatigued because our nervous systems are trying to reroute signals past damaged areas, so everything takes more energy. I also know that spasticity really increases my fatigue levels because my muscles are working against me.

I agree with River about asking for an anti-fatigue medicine. It's worth a try.

dmplaura 03-26-2009 12:28 PM

I hope things are much nicer for you today/this weekend in the NE. It's warming up here beginning today. The snow's melting.... again. :D

Twinkletoes 03-26-2009 12:34 PM

No way are you overweight! You are a string bean!

Maybe instead of concentrating on losing weight, think about eating healthier?

Or maybe it IS the weather.

I do hope you'll start feeling better when you see spring at your doorstep! :hug: