NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Australia sizzling in a heatwave...lucky us!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/181978-australia-sizzling-heatwave-lucky.html)

Lynn 01-06-2013 07:55 AM

Australia sizzling in a heatwave...lucky us!!!

Happy days!

The forecast for the next week here is 105-109 degrees Farenheit (42-44 degrees Celsius or thereabouts)....EVERY DAY

I am so excited! Even more exciting, our air conditioner is misbehaving badly and I am very doubtful that we will find an electrician that will be happy to climb up on our roof and fix it in this weather.

Yes, this is indeed a whine....and will take a considerable amount of wine to make me feel better about it all.

On top of that, I am expecting a house full of guests arriving for a week in a couple of days.

I will be the miserable drunken-looking one in the family photos. with or without the wine :)

Blessings2You 01-06-2013 12:22 PM

You have my deepest sympathy!! Anything over 75 cooks me--I can't even imagine those temperatures! I hope your A/C keeps working, or at the least you can find a cool place to camp out!

Kitty 01-06-2013 12:38 PM

Oh dear! I hope you get your A/C working soon. I'd not survive that kind of heat without the A/C.

Maybe with all the guests you're having nobody will notice you're gone......so you can take off to a nice cool hotel to rest! ;)

SallyC 01-06-2013 01:22 PM

Transfer your get together to a nice cool hotel and Charge it !!! Then file bankruptcy. At least you'll be cool!!! And you can still get drunk with Room Service.

All kidding aside. hope the A/C keeps going.:eek:

Judy2 01-07-2013 07:19 AM

Yuck!!!!!!!!!!!:eek::eek::eek: It's easy to forget your part of the world is baking while we here in the north are freezing. At least we can add more layers, but there's only so much you can take off..........unless....???:D:D:D Just joking.

Be sure to drink lots of water and try your best to stay cool. I hope your company pitches in to help. Take care.........:hug:

Lynn 01-08-2013 02:07 AM

Thanks guys

For some strange reason, I am unable to click on the thanks button on your replies - apparently, I don't have those 'privileges' lately.

As temperatures keep soaring, and little relief in sight for several days, there are literally hundreds of bushfires burning, some out of control all over Australia.

Yuck is right!

Erika 01-08-2013 03:28 AM

Yikes! The on-line news shows wind driving the fires and smoke. Hope that you aren't getting the smoke, that your AC is holding up and that you are managing to keep cool.

Someimes logging out and logging back in...or shutting down the computer and then booting back up will restore lost board functions.

Stay safe Lynn :hug::hug:

With love, Erika

kicker 01-08-2013 03:17 PM

I hear Australia is so hot they had to add new colors to Weather Map.

Keely 01-08-2013 10:45 PM

It's been in the 80s down here in Key West this week.

I love cold weather, but we had five years of it in the Rocky Mountains of Colorado before we came here. We lived at an altitude of 10,000 feet, and got 35 feet of snow every winter; the average winter temps were around 25-35 below zero! :eek:

I loved it, but I was housebound most of the time and couldn't get around in the ice and snow. DH can't stand the cold, so now he gets to enjoy a tropical climate all year around. I love getting around and being able to take a walk at 2 a.m., but I've gotta admit, I miss the snow and the mountains!

The heat does bother my MS a bit during the summer months, but Key West in the summer is a lot cooler than other southern cities, thanks to the looovely ocean breezes!

Lynn 01-09-2013 08:36 AM

Yeah they had to add new colours - dark purple because the outback and central areas of Australia are forecast to top 122 degrees farenheit (50 degrees celsius) this weekend.

Yay! :mad: