NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Some insight into how we are viewed from another angle (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/215152-insight-viewed-angle.html)

beatle 01-23-2015 04:34 PM

Some insight into how we are viewed from another angle

Anyone else disappointed to read this?

How to get more neuropathy patients with smart marketing
http://chiropracticmarketingdoctor.c...art-marketing/

zkrp01 01-23-2015 05:28 PM

$$$$$$$Sad

Quote:

Originally Posted by beatle (Post 1119911)
Anyone else disappointed to read this?

How to get more neuropathy patients with smart marketing
http://chiropracticmarketingdoctor.c...art-marketing/

I can't believe people stay awake at night thinking up this stuff!!!

zygopetalum 01-24-2015 12:25 AM

That's horrible.

judi

Susanne C. 01-24-2015 08:58 AM

It makes perfect sense from a marketing view- both for the chiropractors who buy his product/ideas and for himself in aggressively presenting those ideas.

I know that a lot of you like chiropractors, and one has helped my daughter with severe scoliosis, but the ones I have encountered were snake oil salesmen pure and simple. They sell ridiculous ideas, propose that they can cure things completely unrelated to their actual scope, and many people buy in. Especially people with untreatable diseases like many neuropathies.

My doctor sent me to a chiropractor years ago for a spinal arthritis flare-up. I usually go to physical therapists but figured back care is what chiropractors are supposed to be good at, so why not? He had information pertaining to a big black machine that was supposed to work miracles, and I took a brochure, but my treatment was pretty straightforward. He lost me when he pointed to pictures on the wall of a 40 year old spine with severe arthritis and a 70 year old spine without, claiming that lifelong chiropractic care was the difference.

Me: but I am already the 40 year old with the degenerative spine disease, right? There is no way I am going to turn into the other picture, is there?

His response was something unintelligible about the benefits of weekly visits. None of it made sense, nothing in the colorful brochures, the newsletters he bombarded me with, the office posters. All geared to separating me and my insurance company from their money but devoid of substance.

My daughter's chiro told her when he could no longer help her. From people I have talked to that is pretty rare

I am not saying doctors have all the answers. My children were regularly taken to pediatric "well child" visits. The pediatricians missed: my daughter's scoliosis, my eldest son's CMT (hereditary neuropathy), my middle son's heart/lung issues due to a depressed rib cage, and my youngest son's absence of a hip socket. The last was caught when I mentioned that he was acquiring a limp at 3 and that his legs were different lengths. All manifested discernible symptoms in retrospect.

We have to be informed consumers and sites like this are a reality check. Thank you, beatle, for posting the link!

Marlene 01-24-2015 10:36 AM

You can replace neuropathy with any other ailment/disease in this marketing scam this guy is pushing. His target audience is chiropractors and not the patient. And he's correct, marketing works. Just look at all the ads on TV and in magazines for drugs, shingles vaccine, weight loss, etc. It's all the same.

Years ago a guy tried to get my husband to sign on to one of his marketing schemes. John was a freelance illustrator at the time and this guy wouldn't leave him alone. Of course he promised lots of illustration jobs and money, you just had to pay him a pretty hefty sum up front. They target people who they know don't have the time or the desire to actively market themselves. Most artists and doctors prefer to do their craft and they know that.

Always got to be on guard.

echoes long ago 01-24-2015 09:34 PM

as with most con men they use the victims own greed against them. this seems to be more about the doctors being hustled than neuropathy sufferers.

Synnove 01-25-2015 11:36 AM

Another example where health care and medical practice are being manipulated for financial gain is when drug stores constantly are advertising and offering vaccines of different sort.
I felt I was being harassed, almost, when I was being offered the flu shot every time at checkout in my local pharmacy. I kept saying " no thanks" for a long time until I one day said " No thanks. And if I wanted the flu vaccine, I would have gone to my doctor's office."

I did not think that intramuscular injections or any hands on patient care was in the scoop of practice of a pharmacist.
This has been in the scoop of practice of a nurse. ( and, of course the doctor, if he/she does not have a nurse)

If one need a vaccine of any sort, it should be a discussed, decided and performed in the doctor"s office. And this way one would also safely have it in the medical records in the doctor"s office.

I think all this that are being discussed here is to be expected in a healthcare system under capitalism. It is business oriented, and there is a lot of competition. It can have good sides and bad sides.

beatle 01-26-2015 09:56 PM

We all know the scammers are out there, making a living by taking advantage of others but there seems to be an extra layer of cruelty in kicking someone when they are already down.

It is particularly disturbing to me that a medical professional could feel good about taking advantage of the people they were specially trained to treat.