NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Information (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/210861-information.html)

Brokenfriend 10-13-2014 08:20 PM

Information

I listed to much sensitive information recently on a thread. The kind moderators,and administrators deleted this information for me. I don't feel comfortable about it because we now have a government that takes notes.

I'm sorry to ask this my friends. Please don't use my first name on the forum anymore. BF:hug::hug::hug:

bizi 10-13-2014 08:30 PM

steve you can ask that a post be removed or deleted if you want administrator to do that for you.
This is a public forum and you post anonymously. they can't trace who you are.
bizi

I guess I am wrong with this statement...

waves 10-13-2014 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizi (Post 1102840)
steve you can ask that a post be removed or deleted if you want administrator to do that for you.
This is a public forum and you post anonymously. they can't trace who you are.
bizi

Oh, but "they" most certainly can! The terms of agreement of this site and all other social media sites state or imply this, where they state that your IP is recorded.

There is a clear electronic path between this forum and you, that is readily accessible to anyone holding a warrant.

Moreover, given the personal nature of the posts here, if some "interested" party wanted to sniff one of us out, it would only take a bit of browsing/searching and half-decent powers of observation. No warrants. Add a data harvesting bot or two and you speed the whole thing up 100-fold.

It is at improbable anyone will figure any of us out, only because, and as long as, it is improbable someone should take an interest in one of us. But it is entirely possible.

Lara 10-13-2014 09:16 PM

BF, check your private msgs.

bizi 10-13-2014 09:21 PM

does that mean that doc john or another administrator can locate our home computers address to locate where we are?
Like jeff is the admin for this computer.
I guess the government can access many of our personal stuff/ so could a hacker right?
bizi

Lara 10-13-2014 09:31 PM

Dear bizi.
DocJohn has everything set up here extremely well so there will be no hackers.

Much much effort is taken in keeping harm away here. Please be assured.

"the govt" would be needing to waste far too many man hours to be going through posts on forums on the internet. I think they've got better things to do really. They would be more interested in criminals than us.

It's always good to use different names and things like you all do here anyway. (I'm the silly exception with my name but it's too late to change that now). I would imagine that for legal matters or worker's compensation it would be imperative to not post real name or anything too personal. Mostly what I've seen throughout the years is just general.

I pm'd BF btw. I'll see what we can do about that one post.

Sometimes people using the quote feature will repost info then the original poster might find it difficult to edit or delete their personal details, but I'm sure Admin will check into it.

:hug:

Brokenfriend 10-13-2014 09:37 PM

Thank you Jo*mar,and Lara. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Jomar 10-13-2014 11:02 PM

You can edit your posts in this thread if you want, there is a 24 hr self edit time frame.
If you feel you posted too much personal information, and it is past the 24 hr self edit window, you can report your post and let us know what personal information you would like to have removed in the comment box.

The best way to avoid that problem, is to not use real names, locations or specific details when posting.

Brokenfriend 10-13-2014 11:19 PM

Thank you Jo*mar,and Lara. BF:hug::hug::hug:

Mari 10-14-2014 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brokenfriend (Post 1102837)
I listed to much sensitive information recently on a thread. The kind moderators,and administrators deleted this information for me. I don't feel comfortable about it because we now have a government that takes notes.

I'm sorry to ask this my friends. Please don't use my first name on the forum anymore. BF:hug::hug::hug:

I am really really sorry about that. :hug::hug:

We all promise to be be more careful. :grouphug:

M