NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Hi guys, I'm back... feeling great! (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/37415-hi-guys-im-feeling.html)

SeamsLikeStitches 01-26-2008 10:27 PM

Hi guys, I'm back... feeling great!

Hello everyone. I've been busy... losing weight, adjusting my diet and getting myself ready to go back to work. I've lost 45 pounds and my feet are doing really well. I am going back to work next week and have cut my meds down to half of what they used to be.

I only babysit my darling granddaughter one weekend a month, and I get as much rest as I can.

It's incredible what focusing on taking care of yourself instead of everyone else can do for your health! I have even started taking a water aerobics class and using the elliptical machine at the gym. I'm so happy now.

I've been lurking a bit, catching up with you all. I've missed you and have been thinking of you.

My diet has changed drastically and I know I can no longer eat anything that includes milk products, eggs, and very little white bread or rice products. I eat mostly vegetables, fruits, fish, chicken, and whole grain products.

Brian 01-26-2008 11:07 PM

Its great to read that your doing so well, congrat's on the weight loss too, i know it's not an easy thing to do, well done and best of luck with your new job.

Brian :)

Yorkiemom 01-27-2008 01:08 AM

So glad to see you back and feeling good... And so skinny!!! I am jealous..

Keep up the good work!

Cathie

glenntaj 01-27-2008 07:23 AM

Good to see you again--

--and you're reminding me there's about 20 lbs excess middle baggage I can afford to lose.

Thought you had cut out the gluten entirely (or do you just "cheat" on special occassions?). :p

Aussie99 01-27-2008 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SeamsLikeStitches (Post 198426)
Hello everyone. I've been busy... losing weight, adjusting my diet and getting myself ready to go back to work. I've lost 45 pounds and my feet are doing really well. I am going back to work next week and have cut my meds down to half of what they used to be.

I only babysit my darling granddaughter one weekend a month, and I get as much rest as I can.

It's incredible what focusing on taking care of yourself instead of everyone else can do for your health! I have even started taking a water aerobics class and using the elliptical machine at the gym. I'm so happy now.

I've been lurking a bit, catching up with you all. I've missed you and have been thinking of you.

My diet has changed drastically and I know I can no longer eat anything that includes milk products, eggs, and very little white bread or rice products. I eat mostly vegetables, fruits, fish, chicken, and whole grain products.

Hi Terry,

Very nice to see you back. Boy oh boy you sound like a completely different woman! What a great accomplishment that is...45 pounds!

I'm jelous!:D:D:D:D

I am really very glad to hear you are feeling so much better and looking after yourself better as well. I hope you continue to improve. It's also nice to see you have such a positive attitude about life.

Wishing you continue on this road.

Cheers
Aussie

Roxie2007 01-28-2008 10:29 AM

HI Terry!!
WoW What a fantastic accomplish! I'll bet you are SO proud of it all and your new body! Congrats to you!!
It's know it's hard to learn to say No to those you love and other's who ask you to do things.....but with our health issues...we have to think about ourselves first. You go girl!!

MelodyL 01-28-2008 11:22 AM

Hi Terry.

Welcome back!!

I bet you now look like this!!

http://dl7.glitter-graphics.net/pub/...ol1qv1nm3n.gif

RLuckyL 01-28-2008 11:56 AM

It is great to be able to see such and encouraging report from time to time.

Ron

Dakota 01-28-2008 05:50 PM

Hahahahahahaha! Melody, I have lost 21 pounds, but I do not look like your picture -- at least not yet!!!! Congratulations, Terry. You are an inspiration. I am feeling better already -- 35 pounds to go!.

MelodyL 01-28-2008 06:14 PM

Wouldn't you all just die just to look like this gorgeous creature?. I swear, if I was 21 year old again, and I saw this image, I'd do whatever it would take to get this look.

She's gorgeous.