NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   dropped my car keys in the toilet at work (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/42265-dropped-car-keys-toilet.html)

Mari 03-27-2008 05:24 PM

dropped my car keys in the toilet at work

Hi,
I dropped my keys (car, office, house, . . . ) in the toilet at work today. :holysheep:
It was already a bad day so this did not make it any worse.

I fished out the keys and then tried to wash them in the sink with soap -- realizing that the sink is probably just as dirty as the toilet. (Well, it is now! :( )

-->Then I removed the little plush toy and the flashlight from the key chain and put them in the trash.
Back in my office, I poured alcohol all over the keys and tried to drench them as much as possible.

--->When I came home I washed them in soap and water and then again drenched them in alcohol.

I wonder if I did enough with two drenchings in alcohol.
Maybe try bleach???

And yeah, I am a germ freak and I think I have been getting worse and worse each year.

Yuck.

M.

Pamster 03-27-2008 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mari (Post 245988)
Hi,
I dropped my keys (car, office, house, . . . ) in the toilet at work today. :holysheep:
It was already a bad day so this did not make it any worse.

I fished out the keys and then tried to wash them in the sink with soap -- realizing that the sink is probably just as dirty as the toilet. (Well, it is now! :( )

-->Then I removed the little plush toy and the flashlight from the key chain and put them in the trash.
Back in my office, I poured alcohol all over the keys and tried to drench them as much as possible.

--->When I came home I washed them in soap and water and then again drenched them in alcohol.

I wonder if I did enough with two drenchings in alcohol.
Maybe try bleach???

And yeah, I am a germ freak and I think I have been getting worse and worse each year.

Yuck.

M.

Awww, that stinks Mari, I am so sorry that happened, I understand about germs and being afraid of them, especially at work. I too would have trashed the two pieces you did. I hope tomorrow is a much better day. :)

SandyC 03-27-2008 07:43 PM

I think you probably drenched them enough but if it makes you feel better drench them again. :-)

Mari 03-28-2008 03:41 AM

Hi,
Thanks. On a different day the keys dropping might not have bothered me.

But I was tired and dealing with stupid stuff.

M.

Koala77 03-28-2008 04:54 AM

OM Gosh. I can relate to this.

I wear spectacles for driving, and I had to stop at a public toilet one day. Somehow I dropped my spectacles in the basin. Don't ask me how I did it because I can't remember, but I do remember how disgusting I felt having to fish them out of the toilet, and put them back on after I'd washed them over and over again. I had to put them back on or I'd not have been able to drive away.

That has to be the most disgusting thing I can ever remember happening top me that was totally my fault. I still think about it and cringe.

mymorgy 03-28-2008 07:23 AM

at least there was soap..i am not a germ freak but i have a friend who is a farmer. I told George that I sometimes eat raw hamburger. He instant messaged to me that that there could easily be I can't say it nicely so here goes "crap" in the hamburg...I hope that makes you feel better unless you eat raw hamburger too lol.
Bobby

NaeNae 03-28-2008 09:30 AM

This thread made me laugh....back before MS while I was working in surgery on call all the time I would routinely get 2 free seconds,dash to the girls room yank down my pants and flip my pager into the toilet, after killing my 4th one the hospital threatened to start making me buy my own!