NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   The Stumble Inn (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/)
-   -   Mom is at peace now (https://www.neurotalk.org/the-stumble-inn/146539-mom-peace.html)

doydie 03-12-2011 10:48 PM

Mom is at peace now

Mom died last night at 11:15 PM. I would love to say it was a quiet, peaceful death but it wasn't and all my 29 years of nursing failed me. At the very end when Mom was finally in a come I was able to help the nurse turn Mom. Before then she was in such pain we had decided not to have her repositioned. So I was able to lovingly help turn her so she could handle her secretions better. I was holding her hand as she died with my husband quietly singing his own beautiful prayer asking the Lord to take her home in the background. As far as my MS I have decided that MS and 8 weeks from diagnosis to death do not do well at all. Exhaustion doesn't even come close to how I feel and we still have to go through her apartment, pick what we want, read the will, go through the visitation and funeral and then clean out her apartment. I'm sure there be many things that we could donate to worthy causes that we will just throw away because we just won't care.

Thank you all for your support and putting up with all my blogs here. I did start my own journal that has helped me and others who have read it. I encouraged anyone who wanted to to add their thoughts also. I will treasure the few entrys that my Mom put in

Kitty 03-13-2011 12:06 AM

:hug: Doydie :hug: I'm so sorry for your loss but so grateful that your Mom is now at peace and without pain. I pray for strength for you for the following days and weeks. Be kind to yourself and let others help as much as possible.

ewizabeth 03-13-2011 12:22 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss but your dear mom is at peace now. I know all too well what you went through. Try to rest and give yourself a break. This has been difficult for you and I know your mom is smiling down on you. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Koala77 03-13-2011 01:52 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss Doydie. :hug:

Am praying for you and your family, and sending you my love. :grouphug:

NeuroNixed Craig 03-13-2011 04:22 AM

Dearest Doydie,

There is no preparation no matter how long we have for the actual event of a loved one passing.

Sadness and mourning will follow and your Mom will be missed, yet at the same time celebrate her life and the positive impact she had on so many other people.

Your Mom's pain and tragedies associated with her earthly body are now passed and she is able to be a free spirit once again.

Your strength and dedication throughout this entire overwhelmingly and challenging event have set a high standard and inspired the rest of us. Dealing with your own MS and your Mom's preparation and passing, demonstrate we too can continue the best we can only having to deal with our on challenges.

Thank you for being our beacon of hope in light of facing our own challenges.

Know we are with you right now providing positive thoughts and keeping you and your family in our prayers. :hug: Peace be with you all.

woodhaven 03-13-2011 05:07 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. She is at peace now.:grouphug:

Blessings2You 03-13-2011 06:33 AM

May the Father comfort you as you heal and mourn your loss.

mrsD 03-13-2011 06:55 AM

Hugs for you Doydie and your family :hug::hug::hug:

Dejibo 03-13-2011 07:36 AM

You are a great daughter to stay there thru your own pain. Thru your own exhaustion, thru your own fears, and thru your own family drama. You are surely an angel in your own right. I am sorry for your loss. :hug:

barb02 03-13-2011 01:08 PM

I am sorry for you loss. Keeping you all in my thoughts.:hug: