NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   my feet hurt so bad!!!! (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/36933-feet-hurt-bad.html)

mommywms 01-22-2008 08:13 PM

my feet hurt so bad!!!!

sorry guys. Its 20 degrees here in oklahoma today,and my feet r burning,zapping,and just plain hurt. Is anyone elses pain made worse by the coldness too? What do u do to releave it?:(

Jensequitur 01-22-2008 08:16 PM

My feet start cramping on the cold floors! So yeah, I do understand. There's not much I can do to fix it, except keep them warm.

mommywms 01-22-2008 08:26 PM

I tried a heating pad,but it didnt work to good. I have been wearing 2 pairs of socks,that seems to help more than anything.
My feet useally cramp up in the summer time so I do know where your comming from on that one. This is a electric pain.
Its so intense that not even the neurontin helps it.
It just plain out sux.

Snoopy 01-22-2008 08:27 PM

Yes. I have an electric throw blanket that I wrap my feet and legs in which helps the pain from cold.

mommywms 01-22-2008 08:30 PM

I am going to get one of them anyways.
thanks snoopy....

Snoopy 01-22-2008 08:33 PM

Your welcome, Alyson.

I tried a heating pad but because I couldn't cover everything I didn't get much benefit from the heat.

MooseasaurusRex 01-22-2008 08:45 PM

Just a vote of solidarity, beautiful.
I hope you get the relief you need soon.

Have you tried soaking them? I don't have the pain you describe but before disability, I always had jobs where I was on my feet a lot. When my feet hurt, everything hurts.

Erin524 01-22-2008 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mommywms (Post 193049)
sorry guys. Its 20 degrees here in oklahoma today,and my feet r burning,zapping,and just plain hurt. Is anyone elses pain made worse by the coldness too? What do u do to releave it?:(

I have an electric throw that I cannot stand to use on my bed. The other night when my feet were burning (partially from walking around outside wearing my summer Croc shoes in -10 degree weather, I turned on that blanket to it's highest setting, and put my feet in it. Helped a little bit better than the heating pad.

Last night, right when I went to bed, my feet started to feel like someone had put jalapeno peppers all over them. (mild jalapenos) Mildly uncomfortable.

The past week or two, in the evenings, my feet have been feeling more and more numb as the evening goes on, but they'll be perfectly fine in the morning. Weirdest sensation when they've been going numb. Like I'm wearing my mom's Ugg boots.

I dont know if this is an MS thing, or if it's got something to do with the back pain I've been waking up with. (the back pain might be an MS thing, but I've had it since 1999 in varying degrees because of a car accident, so I'm not sure)

tovaxin_lab_rat 01-23-2008 12:45 AM

Alyson

Get one of the rice bags that you heat in the microwave and use it on your feet. I have tried it and it works to warm up my feet and help with the cramping. I also put it on my calves to release the muscles that cause my feet to cramp.

I learned this trick from my massage therapist.

lady_express_44 01-23-2008 01:12 AM

I hate the cold. :mad:

I sometimes take a reasonably warm and long shower to "warm my bones" and feet. I might need a little nap afterwards :), but it's better then putting up with the other symptoms from feeling cold.

BTW, do they feel cold to the touch, or is it just a sensation? When it is just an altered sensation (which is most of the time for me), putting pressure on them seems to help too.

Cherie