NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   New Symptoms? (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/98391-symptoms.html)

Macophile 08-18-2009 06:05 PM

New Symptoms?

I am wondering if these are new symptoms relating to the PN or to the Fibro or to something else... anyone have any idea?

1) After doing an activity I feel like all my muscles are exhausted/sore…like I had the flu/was sick or something. I sometimes feel like this even on days I don’t do anything, but I always feel like this after doing something.

2) My arms/ torso suddenly start burning (they feel like I am on fire- or have a really bad sun burn) occasionally for maybe 5-10 min. It’s enough for me to ask others if I am hot to the touch… But I am always cool to the touch.

3) Have gotten several times areas on my body that feel like I got hit/punched there, and are very sore- even to just graze with my fingertips. But there is no outward sign of injury.

4) Occasionally the joints in my hands ache. The frequency of sections of my hands being numb or tingly are getting more frequent.

5) Kneeling or sitting on hard surfaces is very uncomfortable, and sometimes painful.

nide44 08-19-2009 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macophile (Post 553695)
.......I am wondering if these are new symptoms relating to the PN or to the Fibro or to something else... anyone have any idea?........

Could be either or both.
Sounds like its one or both.
Fibro & PN have similar/crossover Sx,
also CTS/Carpal Tunnel, Celiac Disease (and more).

Hope15 08-19-2009 11:05 AM

I also have the torso burning. It can be really uncomfortable. Lately my hands and fingers have been hurting too. I thought about PN, but I also have arthritis in my family, some who have it in their hands. It's really frustrating when you have to start playing that game, "guess which disorder this is"....

nide44 08-20-2009 08:33 AM

I also have CTS (Carpal Tunnel)
and have tingly numbness (pins & needles)
and deep aching/hurting in my hands.
I drop things constantly.

Megan 08-21-2009 09:12 AM

Common threads!

Hi Macophile,

I have all of those things with the added proviso to number two - that the burning lasts 24/7.

All I can say is that I started two years ago with PN ??? or neuropathic pain and since then all these other things and many more besides have been added to the complex mix. Early this year I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia!!! I have no clue as to what all this is really all about, apart from the fact that many of us have multiple confusing and diverse symptoms ....and I wish to heck that people in the medical profession could give us some more direction, acceptance and validation!

Because it seems that we are not going to die of it, then we are treated with relative disdain!