NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Multiple Sclerosis (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/)
-   -   Girls I need your help. (Guys you might not want to come in here) (https://www.neurotalk.org/multiple-sclerosis/174735-girls-help-guys.html)

Erin524 08-13-2012 08:20 PM

Girls I need your help. (Guys you might not want to come in here)

I told you all that I have a problem with my hands right.

Now I have more of a delicate problem I need information for.

How the heck do you go to the bathroom when you can't use your hands???

Right now I have rubber gloves and a lot of toilet paper. And a bunch of soap. Is there some trick or special technique that I need to know?

how the heck? I think this is the part that is driving me nuts the most.

Suggestions? techniques? send them to me in a private message so we don't freak the guys out too much. (sorry any of you guys that may have wandered in if you were curious as to what I was asking about. I did warn you.)

I'll save the questions on how to use a tampon with numb hands for later.

Lynn 08-14-2012 08:03 AM

Hi Erin

I figured that was what you were referring to in your earlier posts. Sorry I have no pearls of wisdom to share - just a hug. I can only imagine how difficult this is for you.

(((((XXXX0000XXXX)))))

Lyn

Jules A 08-14-2012 08:10 AM

Oh dear God I never thought of this! I'm going to order a bidet right now. It looks like there are inexpensive adapters you can add to a regular toilet for that purpose.

Good luck, no great advice on this one.

Dejibo 08-14-2012 08:14 AM

baby wipes! a sitz bath. a wet towel and use it like bum floss. Ask someone to come help you. go poo and then take a shower. I hope you find something that works.

SallyC 08-14-2012 01:19 PM

A Bidet is a great idea!!!! And I know how you like new gadgets.:hug:

Erin524 08-14-2012 04:09 PM

I just saw a fancy bidet toilet on HG TV the other day. (they were doing a show of house hunters international in Japan)

It had sprayers, think it had a blow dryer, heated seat. I'm really tempted. I bet they're expensive. the blow dryer is intriguing I use a hairdryer for a lot of drying off of things since bending over when you're wobbly is not a good idea (always do that on a cool setting in the delicate areas. Just warning people if you didn't know that)

I've never used a bidet. I saw them when I was in England 10 years ago, but I wasn't brave enough to try one. And they were just the basic model that sits next to the toilet. I would've had no idea how to use it.

If I got a bidet, it would have to be built into the toilet I don't have the room for a separate standing bidet.

I got my steroids infusion today. At least I was hungry when they were done. I went out for lunch in my pajamas and got French toast when we were done.

Now I get to go three more days. I'm probably going to regret having them take the IV port out today. It was just in a really crappy location on my right arm and I didn't like it there. I'm going to drink a bottle of water before I go tomorrow

Right now I have three big holes my arm where they dug around looking for a vein.

Kitty 08-14-2012 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 905756)
Right now I have three big holes my arm where they dug around looking for a vein.

Don't they numb the area before starting the IV? I've never had one where they didn't. Can't imagine them poking around repeatedly. :eek:

Erin524 08-14-2012 04:25 PM

I think they assumed that because my hands are numb that I couldn't feel them digging around in there. Because they were surprised when I went "Oww!"

ginnie 08-14-2012 05:16 PM

Hi Erin

No problem. There is a mag. called Easy Comforts call 1-800-308-1384, or at 250 City Center, Oshkosh Wi. 54906. There is a "wand" made for just that purpose. Great device for when you need it! Its ok to ask those questions, we all need help with stuff. Take care Erin, ginnie

new2net98 08-14-2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erin524 (Post 905760)
I think they assumed that because my hands are numb that I couldn't feel them digging around in there. Because they were surprised when I went "Oww!"

They should have been more careful & known better. It's on your chart. Still steams me when I read stuff like that.

I wonder if you can order one of those "hand dryers" that we ladies have in the public restrooms...would surely help out...just lean on the big button & blow your cares away...sorry, I got a lil carried away! :D