NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/)
-   -   one paintastick headache (https://www.neurotalk.org/headache/46181-paintastick-headache.html)

Tarabee 05-20-2008 10:32 PM

one paintastick headache

hi everyone,
Has anyone ever had a headache that is in the back of your head in the bone behind the ears. I have had this one for two days now, and today the doctor called in Butalbital. I have had headaches before, but this one is strange. I hurts even more if I yawn, cough, or bend over. I am really curious about this drug they have me on now, I know it's a barbiturate, but does anyone know much more than that? Hope everyone is doing well out there. :wink::wink:

watsonsh 05-20-2008 10:59 PM

Hi Tarabee,

Its also called Fiorcet. Its the only med that really works for my headaches when I get them.

The headache at the back of the head could be a muscle or tension headache. Sometimes my neck muscles spasm up back there and the vertabrae and bones in my head around C1 and C2 get stuck and give me a headache like that.

Can you also try a muscle relaxer? Or a heating pad back there? Sometimes alternating with heat and ice works for me when I get that headache.

:hug::hug:

watsonsh 05-20-2008 11:05 PM

Oh just another thought while I have it, sometimes my TMJ acts up and it gets inflammed in the jaw and around the ears. Try a warm washcloth and press at jaw bone at either side for a few minutes and then stetch it.

Another thing is its related to any muscle spasm at the back of the head and neck is sometimes magnesium helps the spasms for me.

:hug::hug:

And let me know if the Fiorcet works for you. My doc thinks I am crazy because it is an old headache drug but hey if its not broken I am not fixing it. I have tried others but that one does the trick for me.

Tarabee 05-20-2008 11:11 PM

The nurse told me no heat due to my Syringomyelia and recent epidural injections. I have a dr appt on this friday, so I am hoping to get some more answers. Thanks for the words of wisdom. Sometimes it helps just to have someone relate. Have a great night.

watsonsh 05-20-2008 11:16 PM

Oh well then absolutely follow their advice.

Any way usually two Fiorcet work for me. I know its a barbituiate but I have never gotten hooked. I use when necessary and it usually helps quickly.

Gentle :hug::hug: for you.

Tarabee 05-20-2008 11:36 PM

QUOTE=shelley;283708]Oh well then absolutely follow their advice.

Any way usually two Fiorcet work for me. I know its a barbituiate but I have never gotten hooked. I use when necessary and it usually helps quickly.

Gentle :hug::hug: for you.[/QUOTE]

:winky: I took one about 2hours ago and has not worked yet...thanks again