NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   losses (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/170125-losses.html)

terralyn 05-21-2012 01:04 PM

losses

Well my rsd has finally caused me to have to quit working. Ive had an at home daycare for a couple years. Its been getting to this point for a while. I had talked to the parents six months ago about this possibly happening but kept fighting through the pain cause I love what I do. Apart from increased pain my insomnia is horrible and I'm so exhausted I can barely function.
I know others here can relate. I'm just venting.. its sad. :(

nalakity 05-21-2012 02:55 PM

I'm sorry

I'm sorry, that is sad :( Keep your head up though...and try not to stress too much...that's bad for us. I know, I know, easier said than done, right?

terralyn 05-21-2012 03:21 PM

the positive thing is I will be spending every day in the pool.. I'm hoping it will get rid of some of the stiffness.

jeichmann21 05-21-2012 06:11 PM

I know where you are coming from. I own a personal training business and I just told some people yesterday that I'm really considering quitting my business. My clients are very understanding and I can sit most of the time but even just getting to work and setting stuff up and dragging weights around is getting to be too much. Plus I'm 6 month preggers so all around it's tough. I DON'T want to give it up b/c it's my lifeline to normalcy in the midst of all this pain, but I think it's making things worse.

I would definitely suggest taking up a hobbie that involves contact with others. I decided to take up the fiddle so I would have something to do when I'm sitting at home and a weekly class to engage with others. :hug:

terralyn 05-21-2012 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeichmann21 (Post 881649)
I know where you are coming from. I own a personal training business and I just told some people yesterday that I'm really considering quitting my business. My clients are very understanding and I can sit most of the time but even just getting to work and setting stuff up and dragging weights around is getting to be too much. Plus I'm 6 month preggers so all around it's tough. I DON'T want to give it up b/c it's my lifeline to normalcy in the midst of all this pain, but I think it's making things worse.

I would definitely suggest taking up a hobbie that involves contact with others. I decided to take up the fiddle so I would have something to do when I'm sitting at home and a weekly class to engage with others. :hug:

That's great advice..and easily followed since all the kids I watch are family. Three relatives had babies all within two weeks of eachother. So I have three 1 and 1/2 yr olds... definitely tough to keep up now and I just don't feel safe doing it.:hug:

debbiehub 05-21-2012 08:34 PM

Hi

I could list about 50 activities that this disease has taken from me! I try not to dwell but it's hard..since I have limited movement ion arms and legs, my iPad has been my new passion..

Deb

terralyn 05-21-2012 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debbiehub (Post 881706)
I could list about 50 activities that this disease has taken from me! I try not to dwell but it's hard..since I have limited movement ion arms and legs, my iPad has been my new passion..

Deb

:hug: me too deb.. this was a big one for me though.
Glad you have found something to focus on.

painman2009 05-22-2012 11:17 PM

this beast has taken oct of my hobbies as well. even playing french horn, and piano are difficult now. I try to be philosophic now, not always good though.