NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   PCS - How long will everything last? (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/245566-pcs.html)

maxcjs0101 03-06-2017 11:12 PM

PCS - How long will everything last?

Hi all, i know this is a very subjective question and it all depends on each individual's body but here's my story in short:

September 2016 - Had a appendectomy, chronic dizziness started after op

October 2016 - MVA, thrown off from bike but didnt black out,
Chronic headache started on top of chronic dizziness plus other symptoms such as insomnia, nausea (sometimes), easily agitated, forgetfulness

January 2017 - Daily headaches & Dizziness started to lessen gradually but new
symptom which is feeling of legs weakness/tiredness but am still can swim, walk etc.

Recently the headaches & dizziness started to intensify but not as bad as before plus with the weird leg feelings im not sure what to expect anymore. I am a hypochondriac and i am very worried about the legs weakness feeling.

Thanks for letting me rant.

Mark in Idaho 03-06-2017 11:46 PM

Let me suggest what is happening.
The anesthesia mess you up for a while leaving you with some dizziness. You focused on the dizziness and basically memorized the sensation of dizziness. Stress would make this memorized sensation manifestation more intense so it may come and go.

Now, as the ups and downs of your days and weeks impact you, any of your past or even current symptoms get triggered to be worse.

One of the problems with PCS for a person who struggles with anxiety is sensations that occurred before the concussion that were tolerated without a big anxiety response can become big triggers of anxiety.

An example would be. Before PCS, one may occasionally feel dizzy from getting up from a chair quickly but resolve that dizziness and move on without a concern. After a concussion and dizziness related to the concussion, any time that 'got up from a chair too quickly dizziness' manifest, it become a major issue and anxiety trigger thinking it is PCS that will never end.

maxcjs0101 03-06-2017 11:54 PM

I agree with you, Mark.
I guess that the headache/dizziness (which i have read normally goes hand in hand) might be attributed to work & improper sleep.

The thing i dont understand is this nagging legs feeling like it would buckle at any time when im walking or standing up is suddenly at play. I actually notice this around the time where my headaches/dizziness was getting less intense.
Btw, I dont get/have this feeling when swimming or sitting down though.

As a hypochondriac, naturally i would fear the worse but I've already seen a GP and a trainee Neuro and both didn't really provide me a proper explanation and brushed it off.

Bud 03-07-2017 10:14 PM

Max,

I dealt with the noodle legs....it has been almost three years for me and in the last two months I have noticed a "feeling" of strength returning.

Bud

maxcjs0101 03-08-2017 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 1238138)
Max,

I dealt with the noodle legs....it has been almost three years for me and in the last two months I have noticed a "feeling" of strength returning.

Bud

Hi bud,

May i know how your noodle/jelly legs feels like?

Bud 03-10-2017 01:31 AM

Weak and like they were just going to quit working.

Never have quit me.

chasann 03-11-2017 04:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bud (Post 1238138)
Max,

Bud

Describing how right side, especially arm and leg feel has often been difficult for me. Can't seem to come up with words which accurately convey it. Heard a fellow sufferer say like when injection starts to wear off after you have been to the dentist but today I am smiling, big time; I have noodle leg and arm.

Thanks Bud, just love it, like a noodle, especially when fatigue is an issue.
Your noodle mate . . . .