NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy (RSD and CRPS) (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/)
-   -   To Vicc, regarding HBOT (https://www.neurotalk.org/reflex-sympathetic-dystrophy-rsd-and-crps-/13809-vicc-regarding-hbot.html)

InHisHands 02-19-2007 01:47 PM

To Vicc, regarding HBOT

Hello, Vicc

I appreciate your replies to my various questions. I have a few regarding HBOT, if you wouldn't mind answering them.

I may have an opportunity to access HBOT, at an alternative medicine Doctor's office. My younger brother has autism, and so my family has worked with this Dr. before. If he feels comfortable treating someone with HBOT that has RSD, then I might give it a go.

I understand now a lot better why you feel HBOT is the only treatment for RSD if you are looking at it from an IRI standpoint.

In order to completely heal I understand that you need more than a few treatments. But, approx. how many? And how often? Is it a long term thing (months and months of treatment) or 4 weeks will do the job?

You speak of setting the HBOT chambers at certain depths... how do you tell a Dr. (who knows or at least thinks he knows what he is doing) not to set it at certain depths or to set it at a certain depths?

Since you claim it has been successful in others with RSD, how many others do you know who have had it and are doing better from it? Can you put me in contact with any? Are any here on this board?

Thanks again... I am willing to try just about anything about now... and HBOT sounds hopeful.

Vicc 02-24-2007 02:37 PM

Hi IHH,

Just want you to know that I'm working on a reply. The last week or so has been a lot of pain, and even sitting partially upright hurts a lot. Haven't learned how to type laying down yet.

I will finish my reply...Vic

InHisHands 02-24-2007 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicc (Post 73950)
Hi IHH,

Just want you to know that I'm working on a reply. The last week or so has been a lot of pain, and even sitting partially upright hurts a lot. Haven't learned how to type laying down yet.

I will finish my reply...Vic

Thanks... no problem!! I completely understand. Whenever you get the time! :icon_cool:

I hope you start feeling better.

watsonsh 02-24-2007 09:15 PM

HI Vicc and IHH

I am looking forward to your reply too Vicc, you always have such interesting posts.

But until then I am sorry you in so much pain. Sending you :hug:

Rainbow422 02-24-2007 10:25 PM

Hbot

:hug:

I too look forward to hearing anything I can regarding HBOT.

Thanks for taking the time when you feel up to it to share!

Gentle Hugs,

Rain :)

tayla4me 02-25-2007 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InHisHands (Post 72217)
Hello, Vicc

I appreciate your replies to my various questions. I have a few regarding HBOT, if you wouldn't mind answering them.

I may have an opportunity to access HBOT, at an alternative medicine Doctor's office. My younger brother has autism, and so my family has worked with this Dr. before. If he feels comfortable treating someone with HBOT that has RSD, then I might give it a go.

I understand now a lot better why you feel HBOT is the only treatment for RSD if you are looking at it from an IRI standpoint.

In order to completely heal I understand that you need more than a few treatments. But, approx. how many? And how often? Is it a long term thing (months and months of treatment) or 4 weeks will do the job?

You speak of setting the HBOT chambers at certain depths... how do you tell a Dr. (who knows or at least thinks he knows what he is doing) not to set it at certain depths or to set it at a certain depths?

Since you claim it has been successful in others with RSD, how many others do you know who have had it and are doing better from it? Can you put me in contact with any? Are any here on this board?

Thanks again... I am willing to try just about anything about now... and HBOT sounds hopeful.

Yes, I have had HBOT. I have had 90 "dives" in the last 15 months.
Unless you are lucky enough to have an individual HBOT "tank" then the depth you get taken to will depend on the diagnosis of all the others who accompany you on the "dive"
I have had my treatment in two different centres, one had room for 10 people on board and the other 8.
Please feel free to ask any questions you would like.:)

Vicc 02-27-2007 05:37 AM

Hi IHH, Rainbow, shelley and anyone else,

Since your question relates to my posts on Buckwheat's thread; vascular issues, I'm going to post my reply there. It's possible that my remarks about HBO there might be useful in understanding this reply...Vic

InHisHands 02-27-2007 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicc (Post 74668)
Hi IHH, Rainbow, shelley and anyone else,

Since your question relates to my posts on Buckwheat's thread; vascular issues, I'm going to post my reply there. It's possible that my remarks about HBO there might be useful in understanding this reply...Vic

Thank you very much, Vicc. :)