NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Question... Panic? (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/113631-question-panic.html)

Abbie 02-02-2010 10:42 AM

Question... Panic?

I have a question for those of you who have Panic attacks....or know anything about them....

Can panic attacks cause a person to become physically ill---as in vomiting?

I had a MAJOR PANIC ATTACK yesterday.... things are NOT good... and I'm still no where back to where I was....

I've been awake all night... shaking, freezing, burning (not a fever), and vomiting. Not to mention crying uncontrollably....

Trying to figure out what is causing this....
:(

bizi 02-02-2010 11:10 AM

I don't know a thing about panic attacks.
just wanted to say that I am sorry that you are suffering.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Dmom3005 02-02-2010 02:48 PM

Abbie

That sounds alittle more than a panic attack to me. I don't know that
I've had a panic attack either. But I know someone that does and I do
know that vomitting can occur in one.

But to continue for so long. I would get ahold of your doctor about
this.

Donna:hug:

Abbie 02-02-2010 04:05 PM

I have left numerous messages with my Tdoc.... guess she's busy or not in.... I have an appointment with her on Thursday. Even asked her to read my blog for further info....

I have an appointment with the new Pdoc next monday... everytime I think about this appointment the tears flow again and my stomach knots.

:(:(:(

bizi 02-02-2010 04:58 PM

You miss your old pdoc?
Is that why this upsets you or just the thought of starting over....?
maybe this new pdoc will have some new ideas about your overall care, you know think wholistically?
I am hopeful for you.
(((((HUGS)))))
bizi

Dmom3005 02-02-2010 05:32 PM

Abbie

This maybe what is causing the panic attack. You might call the new
pdoc is its office. And see if there is any way they can get you in
earlier. Explain what is going on.

Donna

Abbie 02-02-2010 06:56 PM

You miss your old pdoc? NO... this makes the 6th or 7th Pdoc in the last 2.5 years.... The clinic I go to has only had Temporary Pdocs when their original Pdoc I saw left the very day that I had my first appointment there.

I didn't know the last one, a female, was leaving... this new one is a Male--that's what has me STRESSING!

Is that why this upsets you or just the thought of starting over....? The thought of starting over is VERY UNSETTLING to me... they NEVER seem to listen.

maybe this new pdoc will have some new ideas about your overall care, you know think wholistically? I wish this could be true.... seems since they don't listen... they don't get the whole picture...

Abbie 02-02-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmom3005 (Post 617153)
Abbie

This maybe what is causing the panic attack. You might call the new
pdoc is its office. And see if there is any way they can get you in
earlier. Explain what is going on.

Donna

Since he is temporary.... He is only in the office on Monday and Tuesday.

I know this is part of the panic... :(

waves 02-02-2010 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Abasaki (Post 617011)
I have a question for those of you who have Panic attacks....or know anything about them....

Can panic attacks cause a person to become physically ill---as in vomiting?

I had a MAJOR PANIC ATTACK yesterday.... things are NOT good... and I'm still no where back to where I was....

I've been awake all night... shaking, freezing, burning (not a fever), and vomiting. Not to mention crying uncontrollably....

Trying to figure out what is causing this....

sounds as though after the panic attack you still have severe anxiety, and yes, anxiety can cause all these things.

unfortunately once you have thrown up and with the sobbing, the tummy will tend to stay contracted and inflamed - vicious cycle.

what i can suggest is 1. taking a demulcent to soothe the GI tract and 2. breathing to relax the diaphragm.

demulcent options are:
1. (BEST) Mallow infusion - need to have it bought from an herbalist or similar store. it doesn't taste like much, but it has a lot of mucilage which will coat and soothe the membranes of the GI tract.

2. Liquorice infusion, or pure liquorice - the latter is not those gummy red or brown plasticky things. this is hard, bittersweet and very hard, black "candy" (extract) that usually comes in very tiny niblets. not sure if can find in US - possibly with herbalist. avoid if you are diabetic or hypertensive as it tends to raise blood sugar and pressure. the infusion is ok and i know that is available - Stash teas makes an excellent one.
3. Chamomile infusion (if not allergic either specifically, or to the daisy family of plants). not as good as Mallow. mildly calming. no more than a couple cups per day - beyond that i would be afraid it could increase med levels, as it is a P450 enzyme inhibitor and i am unsure of its potency in that respect.

breathing:

sit/lie with your hands on your lower tummy. breathe focusing on your breath and with it, causing your tummy to rise and fall, rise and fall, slowly. as if you were inflating a beach ball inside it. this type of breathing helps relax the diaphragm which tightens when we are anxious. it should help release those "knots in the stomach." this should actually help resolve some of the anxiety at a physiological level so it may help with the freezing/burning too, i don't know.

can you do anything to take your mind away. any sort of light reading perhaps.

i hope you feel better soon.

~ waves ~

bizi 02-02-2010 08:01 PM

I prefer women as well so I understand that concern....
bizi
(((((HUGS)))))