NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Traumatic Brain Injury and Post Concussion Syndrome (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/)
-   -   neurotoxic brain damage (https://www.neurotalk.org/traumatic-brain-injury-and-post-concussion-syndrome/227853-neurotoxic-brain-damage.html)

mottec 10-25-2015 05:54 PM

neurotoxic brain damage

Hi everybody.

First let me test the waters and ask if this is the place to ask about neurotoxic brain damage. In two seperate occasions I have been given medications/neuroleptics that undoubtedly has damaged my brain significantly.

Im looking for some help. I have a number of symptoms, but some have healed. Im still a bit slow cognitively(quite a bit). My balance isnt perfect, although it was horrible at one point.

I also had foggy vision and derealization.

Can anything be done to detoxify or rebuild neurotoxicity. Im going to try the vitamin regimen in the stickies.

I have a neurologist but he is reluctant to even discuss this brain damage. Anybody else with neurotoxic brain damage?

Mark in Idaho 10-25-2015 06:40 PM

A good brain health vitamin and supplement regimen is all that I am aware of. There is PharmasanLabs.com that claims to be able to test for and treat neurotransmitter imbalances. I don't trust them because the same owners that do the diagnostic tests sell the 'remedy.' (neurorelief.com) You need to find a local provider to request the tests.

Jomar 10-25-2015 06:50 PM

Have you looked into naturopathic providers? Possibly acupuncture also?
Alternative health care providers are usually more knowledgeable of detoxing than MDs.
Of course research them and find highly rated /knowledgeable ones.
Some are better than others , but same as any profession...

Allyson581 07-12-2017 07:34 AM

I do have neurotoxicity or I'm getting Alzheimer's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Allyson581 07-12-2017 08:11 AM

Trying to get tested but Docs don't understand what I am going through with loss of cognitive ability. Executives Function is shot, like my memory and processing speed. Lost 8 jobs. Unable to learn, remember or organize. I have moved cross country so one doctor for 20 years. Saw me through nursing school and lose 3 jobs. I show up on time with a good attitude but I soon lose the job. Left my license that I worked so hard for.

Just continue s, change Coast, doctors, job then doctors again.
How did you get diagnosis? Do you know what caused it? Curious about it. A lot of reading and I think I have some help seriously damaged my brain somehow and can't get a decent to listen when I'm working and have insurance again. Get let go again. Denied ado, need proof. Tests, imaging. Just going to say I think I have Alzheimer's to get someone to listen to me. I take krill off, cow10, nac (n-cytlecholline), magnesium, D, and folic acid and any other I read might help. 5thp, gaba, samE, the lost goal on. Also enzymes for bipolar, which I don't believe I have after being treated for two years of psych meds,

You may have some thing completely different

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mark in Idaho 07-12-2017 09:35 AM

Allyson,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

I'd think the first thing you want done is a full Neuro Psychological Assessment. It will tell what mental functions work and what do not.

Are you sleepy during the day ?

How old are you ?

How long have you struggled ?

Did you play sports during school ?

What is you current supplement regimen ?

What meds have you taken in the past ?

What meds are you taking now ?

Maybe we can help point you in the right direct for some answers.

My best to you.

Hains 07-12-2017 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mottec (Post 1179748)

Can anything be done to detoxify

mottec,

There's a product I've heard about a few times called Cytodetox. I've never tried it, but it might be worth researching for neural detoxification (CytoDetox™ | True Cellular Detox™CytoDetox™).

This guy offers pretty thorough guidance on detox.
It's worth reading through his material (http://drpompa.com/additional-resour...ox-and-healing).

Good Luck

Hains