NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Weight Loss & Healthy Living (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/)
-   -   Festive Friday! (https://www.neurotalk.org/weight-loss-and-healthy-living/40227-festive-friday.html)

watsonsh 02-29-2008 12:31 PM

Festive Friday!

Wake up people. If I am starting roll call on the Left Coast you know its late!

Some hugs for Nancy today :hug::hug:. Hope you are doing ok

Started my day with egg whites. Was it ok that I put a little fresh salsa on it and some hot sauce? It was just so bland.

Soon I can add in some fruit!

Down 2.5 lbs today. Long wya to go. I have till April 17th when I go back to the doc for her to check my choesterol and glucose and insulin. I read up a little bit on insulin resistance and I am going to first try to do this naturally.

Jomar 02-29-2008 12:52 PM

on my second cuppa coffee , colored my hair this morning too, now letting the conditioner stay in extra time- I hope it isn't too dark {tried a different brand this time}

I wish they would sell a plain old mousy ash blond cause that's my original color LOL -cept as a kid I was blond.

Haven't weighed lately - but pants are still looser than they were - so must be OK.

Curious 02-29-2008 02:46 PM

fat free yogurt and fresh blackberries for brunch.

got my exercise thrift store shopping with lil'monkey.

good job shelley!! 2.5 lbs of body fat gone...that's like 10 sticks of butter!!!

are you taking the cinnamon? what about valarien root? i'll do some checking.

ugh...i hate when they don't carry the hair color i like. i used the same blonde for years..then poof. gone. i have colored my hair in forever. i miss the blonde. hmm...maybe a goal when i get to the size i want. :D

water water!!!!

DM 02-29-2008 04:18 PM

Great job Shappy! Yoohoo! Where'd ya go, I cain't find ya, you's getting so skinny!!! I even had yogurt w/added flax seed for breakfast.

Does my Doves chocolate count? It's dark chocolate!!

Too funny Jo. I remember vividly when I started to have my hair colored. I had asked my stylist what color she would call my natural hair and she said "mousy brown". I've been on a first name basis w/hair color ever since.

Thanks for reminding me why I pay $$$$ for my hair....:hug:l

Fancylady_2006 02-29-2008 05:16 PM

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j1...scan0001-3.jpg
Here are my flowers. Aren't they pretty? I told him to slow down, He is in England, for goodness sakes. Had to throw a bucket of water on my montor to put out the fire! :D

Gaye, called while I was with a patient. She isn't to well today and won't be on the forum. She is dizzy she said. She was on her way home from the Dr's. office. Keep her in your prayers. Sent her some positive vibs.:hug:

We have beautiful weather here today with sun shining bright. Say that cimmamon, has changed my life. I don't crave any sweets at all and I am never hungry! I don't have a pain in the world. You all should take some or is it something else?:winky::)
Billie

bizi 02-29-2008 05:52 PM

Ok so lets hear about the cinnamin....where do you find it and dosage?
need to get some for sure.
10 sticks of butter that was a visual!
thanks curious!!!!!
This past year I have become a red head and I love it.
It really suits my complexion.
hubby is home gotta go!
bizi

Curious 02-29-2008 06:44 PM

bizi...you can get the cinnamon gel caps at walmart. in the vitamin and supplement isle. depending on the brand..i bought store brand :wink:..just a couple a day. it naturally helps reduce your blood sugar.

i think we had posted about it before. eating it that is. but the gel caps is so much easier.

pretty flowers billie!!

way to go dm! dark choccy is good for you.

Fancylady_2006 02-29-2008 06:44 PM

Bizi, you can get the Cinnamon at Walmart by the drug department. You need to take 1000 mg. twice daily, with meal is best. All I have had today is a yogert and later lettuce for lunch plus Diet Sunkist. haven't had nothing since and I am not hungry now either, but will eat something lite. I feel great and plan to used the treadmill later tonight. I highly recommend it.
Billie:)

bizi 02-29-2008 08:10 PM

thanks ladies....
had my fill of crawfish tonight for dinner...2 pounds of shells and tails, wonder how much is actually left after ridding of the outer shell????
2 small pieces of corn and 3 new potatoes, quarter cup of mayo dipping sauce...that is a lot once I put it all down on paper....
oh well
bizi
it was delicious!

karousel 02-29-2008 08:17 PM

Weighed myself this morning. Why do I put myself through that torture?? I stopped eating and drinking anything with sugar substitutes. I feel way better and my MS sx's are not as bad. But I am up another pound. :Noooo: Oh well, can't win them all! Will just keep trying.