NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Peripheral Neuropathy (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/)
-   -   Vibrations (https://www.neurotalk.org/peripheral-neuropathy/221627-vibrations.html)

Billylyne5 06-15-2015 06:09 AM

Vibrations

Anyone get a kind of internal buzzing/vibration feeling, seems to happen when I am lying down and definately not visible, it's all over but internal and very odd

canagirl 06-15-2015 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billylyne5 (Post 1148450)
Anyone get a kind of internal buzzing/vibration feeling, seems to happen when I am lying down and definately not visible, it's all over but internal and very odd

Yes! All the time. In fact if I'm lying or sitting down I am vibrating. I also get a different vibration that feels like my skin is shaking and that's because I'm twitching so fast and the twitches are so fine they feel like vibrations. I haven't found anything that helps...

antonina 06-15-2015 07:29 AM

i get it a lot & it's one of the most annoying aspects of this rotten affliction. however, sometimes it seems to disappear if i've had more sleep than usual...say 5 hours instead of 4. but it's mostly unpredictable...grrrr.

janieg 06-15-2015 08:39 AM

Yes, it's a dominant feature. Most mornings I wake up "buzzing" from head to toe.

It generally goes away once I start moving around.

________

canagirl 06-15-2015 09:42 AM

Isn't that weird that we wake up like that? For me it's constant throughout the day but it's very intense when I wake up. I wonder why IT happens when we wake up

janieg 06-15-2015 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canagirl (Post 1148478)
Isn't that weird that we wake up like that? For me it's constant throughout the day but it's very intense when I wake up. I wonder why IT happens when we wake up

I know only enough to be dangerous, but I've been assuming that the hyperexcitability of our sensory nerves goes into overdrive when our motor nerves are inactive.

heb1212 06-15-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Billylyne5 (Post 1148450)

Yes! I get this internal buzz, almost like a motor humming through my whole body, when I awake every morning. It's hard, too, because it is a reminder at the very moment of waking every day that something is very wrong and I'm not better. I told my doctor early on that it almost felt like I was having a seizure. I'm so glad to be affirmed by you all!

Healthgirl 06-15-2015 05:45 PM

YES!!!
It happens in the morning when I wake up. Sometimes I feel like I'm actually rattling from it and that my head is shaking. It is truly a disgusting feeling. It is mostly in my torso, arms and head, but when I was in the acute phase it was every where and a lot during the day too. I still wake up like this sometimes, but its not as bad and the vibration is usually in neck, shoulders, and left arm ad hand.

canagirl 06-15-2015 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Healthgirl (Post 1148568)
YES!!!
It happens in the morning when I wake up. Sometimes I feel like I'm actually rattling from it and that my head is shaking. It is truly a disgusting feeling. It is mostly in my torso, arms and head, but when I was in the acute phase it was every where and a lot during the day too. I still wake up like this sometimes, but its not as bad and the vibration is usually in neck, shoulders, and left arm ad hand.

U say u sometimes still wake up like this and that u used to have it during the day too. That sounds like improvements have been made. How long was ur acute phase? I've heard of people saying "acute" phase... Does this mean when symotoms first started? Or when they were at their worst? IF it's been 6 months since things turned from bad to worse is that too long for an acute phase? I other words does that mean I will most likely keep worsening?

Healthgirl 06-16-2015 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canagirl (Post 1148574)
U say u sometimes still wake up like this and that u used to have it during the day too. That sounds like improvements have been made. How long was ur acute phase? I've heard of people saying "acute" phase... Does this mean when symotoms first started? Or when they were at their worst? IF it's been 6 months since things turned from bad to worse is that too long for an acute phase? I other words does that mean I will most likely keep worsening?

The autonomic dysfunction and mild neuropathy became noticeable in Oct 2013. I was still functioning, but had lots of dizziness and weird disturbing symptoms.I was functioning but did not feel as strong and well as I should. Then last summer the shooting pains started in my neck, shoulders, arms, and hands. By July I couldn't even lift a lawn chair. Then in Sept, I woke up and had to go to the ER because I couldn't move my head and was in severe pain. It quicky spread though out my body and I couldn't do much of anything. I could barely chew and swallow food because of the muscle spasms in my neck. The pain was absolutely excruciating. There were times I didnt think I was going to live. I was disoriented, in a haze, my blood pressure was extremely low, couldn't do basic math or have a conversation.
I was not sleeping. Admitted to hospital for testing and spinal tap in November because they wanted to test for MS or infection. Then I think in Dec. came the major muscle twitching everywhere, the burning, more shooting pains deeper with in my body.

In mid January I was able to start driving once or twice a week short distances but it was very difficult due to pain and visual sensory problems. I still had to have help with kids and a lot of the driving, housework. By March I had a lessening of the muscle spasms and shooting pain and was able to get some sleep most nights. By May I was back to taking care of my kids, driving them around, cooking, and housework by myself although nothing is easy. Everything is hard. I hurt, I twitch, I'm dizzy, My body parts go numb and tingly, I have to stand up very slowly or everything can go black.......but I have part of my life back.

I know how scary and how maddening and unfair this is. You are not alone.:hug: