NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Bipolar Disorder (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/)
-   -   Judge Dropped case (https://www.neurotalk.org/bipolar-disorder/81626-judge-dropped.html)

befuddled2 03-18-2009 11:21 AM

Judge Dropped case

against my neighbor. I of course had no witnesses cause she threatened her and she had her daughter lie like she did. I am so upset but then I wasn't really expecting much to happen to her. I confronted her when I got home and told her I expected that she would lie in court but that I have bigger fish to fry than to worry about her. She ran into the other neighbor's house who went to court with her whom stole my credit card.

Jomar 03-18-2009 11:39 AM

It is a tough situation , when it is she said - they said...:(

I would just try my best to ignore any of the trouble makers there and focus on finding another place to live.

Dmom3005 03-18-2009 01:32 PM

Sending you hugs.

Hoping a new place comes soon.

DOnna

befuddled2 03-18-2009 04:19 PM

Thank you Jo and Donna.

I am trying to focus on taking back the marital home I have in my name. In case I should have to pay my in-laws one half the value of my house I checked on getting a mortgage to pay for that very thing. My bank said if I get what I'm hoping I can get from survivorship benefits I will qualify for a loan on the house to pay my in-laws. Someone told me I need to go back to Social Security and show them the webpage on their site where I read that I qualify for survivorship due to my disability. I would have thought that I made that clear but with the way I obsess about things I worry I did not. Now I just need to maybe wait the 3 weeks the SS lady said would take to hear from them. By time I get up there again I believe I might as well wait the 3 weeks instead of taking a chance of prolonging that. I'm on a time table with doing all of this before court with in-laws.

Mari 03-19-2009 01:04 AM

Dear Befuddled,
I hope that you can get the house issues straightened out and can move soon.
Mari

befuddled2 03-19-2009 10:59 AM

Thank you Jo and Mari.

Since today I had nothing to do I called the T.V. station and told them about the injustice of my neighbor getting away with yesterday. I told them I wanted the 911 tape to be aired on T.V. where she threatened and cursed and abused me so justice coud be served. The lady said she'd give it to her producer and they would decide.

barbara

Dmom3005 03-19-2009 08:33 PM

Good job Barb.

Remember that if the neighbor starts things again to call the tv channel
again.

And you might even call them if the place you live keeps doing things
they shouldn't.

Donna

befuddled2 03-19-2009 09:02 PM

Thank you Donna, good advice.

Today I called where my ex's job takes care of their benefits. I found out that my ex would have had to have my signature to take me off as beneficiary to his savings plan. My in-laws got it some how though and my lawyer is letting them get by with it. I sent her an email this evening and told her if her and I can't get on the same page with things than I would get another attorney. I kind of feel as though changing attorneys this late who knows nothing might hurt me. But my current attorney is taking my money and not doing anything so I should drop her anyway.

Dmom3005 03-19-2009 09:07 PM

Barb

There is some kind of Board you can report her too also I would
think because she isn't doing her job. And I would definately do that
too.

Donna

befuddled2 03-19-2009 10:02 PM

Thank you Donna. I tried that though with the attorney before this one. It's not an easy job to have an attorney held accountable.

Jo, that mountain looks just Mt. Shaster in Northern CA.