NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Parkinson's Disease (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/)
-   -   Comparison of the pharmacokinetics of an oral extended-release capsule formulation of (https://www.neurotalk.org/parkinson-s-disease/235267-comparison-pharmacokinetics-oral-extended-release-capsule-formulation.html)

badboy99 04-27-2016 11:46 AM

Comparison of the pharmacokinetics of an oral extended-release capsule formulation of

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1.../jcph.514/full

Comparison of the pharmacokinetics of an oral extended-release capsule formulation of carbidopa-levodopa (IPX066) with immediate-release carbidopa-levodopa (Sinemet®), sustained-release carbidopa-levodopa (Sinemet® CR), and carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone (Stalevo®)

GerryW 04-27-2016 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy99 (Post 1209447)
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1.../jcph.514/full

Comparison of the pharmacokinetics of an oral extended-release capsule formulation of carbidopa-levodopa (IPX066) with immediate-release carbidopa-levodopa (Sinemet®), sustained-release carbidopa-levodopa (Sinemet® CR), and carbidopa-levodopa-entacapone (Stalevo®)

IPX066 has been approved as Rytary. So folks taking it, how's it working for you?

soccertese 04-27-2016 05:09 PM

haven't tried it, would be too costly for me. In reading the message boards, getting the right dosage seems to be a challenge for some patients and some give up. But keep in mind not that many people post on boards, probably best to read this document and then check with your insco and neuro if you want to try it.
google HAUSER RYTARY USF
select 7th link PDF]Download PDF(144K) - American Institute of Science
How to Dose Carbidopa and Levodopa Extended-. Release Capsules (Rytary). Robert A. Hauser*.

just curious, see you are taking TEVA brand C/L, my pharmacy can't get it, can you check if your pharmacy can still get it? TEVA bought out ACTAVIS and i can get that brand but i like the TEVA better. If TEVA stops making generic sinemet that doesn't leave that many generic manufacturers.

badboy99 04-27-2016 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccertese (Post 1209465)
haven't tried it, would be too costly for me. In reading the message boards, getting the right dosage seems to be a challenge for some patients and some give up. But keep in mind not that many people post on boards, probably best to read this document and then check with your insco and neuro if you want to try it.
google HAUSER RYTARY USF
How to Dose Carbidopa and Levodopa Extended-. Release Capsules (Rytary). Robert A. Hauser*.

just curious, see you are taking TEVA brand C/L, my pharmacy can't get it, can you check if your pharmacy can still get it? TEVA bought out ACTAVIS and i can get that brand but i like the TEVA better. If TEVA stops making generic sinemet that doesn't leave that many generic manufacturers.

Soccertese I could get the TEVA branded C/L at my old pharmacy, but they closed. My new pharmacy had to call 3 suppliers and finally the third one had it. The old pharmacy cost was the same cost as other C/L. The new pharmacy's cost was $24 vs 7$ for a months worth. The head pharmacist told me they were only making a dollar on that transaction. Safeway pharmacy would not even make the effort to look for it.

GerryW 04-27-2016 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccertese (Post 1209465)
google HAUSER RYTARY USF

I just had a refill not long ago and it was filled with TEVA brand so I guess it's still available. It was at a CVS pharmacy and perhaps they have an arrangement with TEVA. If you haven't used CVS, give them a call and see what they have.

soccertese 04-27-2016 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy99 (Post 1209467)
Soccertese I could get the TEVA branded C/L at my old pharmacy, but they closed. My new pharmacy had to call 3 suppliers and finally the third one had it. The old pharmacy cost was the same cost as other C/L. The new pharmacy's cost was $24 vs 7$ for a months worth. The head pharmacist told me they were only making a dollar on that transaction. Safeway pharmacy would not even make the effort to look for it.

thanks badboy, the question was directed to GerryW but thanks. Is $24 your copay?

badboy99 04-28-2016 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soccertese (Post 1209471)
thanks badboy, the question was directed to GerryW but thanks. Is $24 your copay?

yes it is.