NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Spinal Disorders & Back Pain (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/)
-   -   New with MRI Questions (https://www.neurotalk.org/spinal-disorders-and-back-pain/14967-mri-questions.html)

scsweets 03-07-2007 01:37 PM

New with MRI Questions

I had a MRI done and never received a letter from doctor, but I do have my results.

"There is diffuse bulging annulus at C5-C6 and C6 -C7 level with mild canal stenosis. No neural foraminal comprise and so signal abnormality within the cervical spinal cord.

Impression: Diffuse bulging annuli with small central disc protrustions at C5-C6 and C6-C7"

Advice as to how to proceed to another doctor.

printerhead 03-08-2007 12:12 AM

Hi there,
My name is Dave, and I wish I could find my mri results...yours sound similar, but I don't want to alarm you. Mine ended up with surgery to fuse C5/6 and 6/7...I had this done 3 weeks ago, and will be back to work next week. Granted, my recovery has been much faster than most. Hope t goes well for you, and surgery is not necessary.
Best wishes,
Dave :)

ejbpesca 03-08-2007 12:16 PM

When I see the word "mild" it makes me think of my MRI many years ago. My stenosis (squeezing off of the spinal cord) became severe over the years and threatened to cause paralysis therefore I had fusion surgery of the C-5-6-7 vertebra. I'm doing much better now two years post op.

From the looks of your report my guess is that surgery will not be prescribed for you. Physical therapy and/or drug treatment may be suggested.

The other main factor is your symptoms. Mild status can cause great pain in some while others with larger herniations of disks feel little or nothing from them.
jb

Jomar 03-08-2007 12:21 PM

what are your symptoms?

scsweets 03-08-2007 05:34 PM

It stared in September of last year. Woke up with stiff neck. When I moved a certain way it would hurt all the down my shoulder then move to my arm. After 6 visits to chiropractor had MRI done. Dealt with pain for about 4 weeks. Got skelatin from dr and a steriod. Help. Now it is mostly my right arm that shakes and my right leg. When I am at a stop sign and have my right foot on brake-it will start to shake. When I'm feeding my daughter and holding the fork or spoon - my arm shakes. Pain if I set too long at my desk too long. Haven't been back to chiropractor since MRI, but did have massage that help with it. I acually had muscle in a knot on my right shoulder when I had the massage.

scsweets 03-08-2007 05:35 PM

I'm glad you're doing better. My family has history of back problems, but all have been in lower back. I have a "DR Sister" who thinks I'll need surgery! But she got her degree at Wal Mart! If it ends up that why-I'll let you know! Thanks!