NeuroTalk Support Groups

NeuroTalk Support Groups (https://www.neurotalk.org/)
-   Social Security Disability (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/)
-   -   ssdi las vegas nv (https://www.neurotalk.org/social-security-disability/194822-ssdi-las-vegas-nv.html)

dkraus2 09-28-2013 07:25 PM

ssdi las vegas nv

I filed a claim on may 3,2013, I called this week and claim person said that she recieved all my medical records and send them for a medical review on Sept 19,2013. A few times a week I would go to SSA website to ,check my benfit record and nothing would be showing except saying that you filed a claim, today I went on it and it shows again what I would recieved for retirement and ect, but nothing showing if I was approve and what my mon not thly will be, now Im feeling that I was not approve, I have not recieved a letter yet, maybe somebody had the same thing happen to them, thanks donna

Hopeless 09-28-2013 11:56 PM

Hi Donna,

It takes time for the medical review of your records. I would think that it is still in process as it has been less than 10 days since it went to medical review. I would not jump to any conclusions so soon. You are just going to have to wait until you hear the decision. Even if it is not approved at the initial stage, there are many appeals available to you. I would think it might take at least two more weeks before the claim is processed. I did not hear anything for 2 months after my records went to be reviewed by the medical team.

dkraus2 09-29-2013 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hopeless (Post 1018345)
Hi Donna,

It takes time for the medical review of your records. I would think that it is still in process as it has been less than 10 days since it went to medical review. I would not jump to any conclusions so soon. You are just going to have to wait until you hear the decision. Even if it is not approved at the initial stage, there are many appeals available to you. I would think it might take at least two more weeks before the claim is processed. I did not hear anything for 2 months after my records went to be reviewed by the medical team.

Thanks for the reply, Hope to hear something soon

dkraus2 10-01-2013 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkraus2 (Post 1018352)
Thanks for the reply, Hope to hear something soon

It was not approved. Recived letter today. The sad part is there claim person dont do there job right, that why so many claims are not approved, they dont read all the reports and ect. I dont have much to say about ssdi except I have to appeal.qwt

Hopeless 10-01-2013 07:57 PM

Hi Donna,

I am so sorry to hear you received a denial letter. Do NOT give up. Appeal. I agree that they do not read all the material. They said on mine.......
Quote:

the most recent evidence was dated in 2011
. They failed to read anything ??? from 2012 and 2013 ???

I have appealed and my hearing date is coming up in a few weeks.

Keep in touch.

Hopeless

finz 10-02-2013 11:42 PM

Good luck if you move forward to the reconsideration stage (which I think you should).

Relatively few people are approved quickly, for many of us this process takes YEARS. Try not to be too discouraged.

Are you working with a lawyer ?

Have you seen all of your medical records ? Are you sure that they PROVE disability ? Many people believe that being disabled should be enough. The SSA doesn't see you and how you get through each day. They rely on the evidence in your records. Often doctors, or even the applicants themselves, just aren't specific enough.

There are also many cases, like Hope's, where the SSA doesn't seem to read the info that they do have.